stephenharvey

trojan.agent/gen-kryptik

There was an issue with a Trojan-Agent/Gen-Kryptik detection affecting some users which has been corrected with the latest release, please update your definitions now. Any items removed can be restored by opening SUPERAntiSpyware, clicking Manage Quarantine, selecting the detection and clicking Restore.

I did an update to SUPERAntispyware last night then ran a full scan which came up with 175 Trojan-Agent/Gen-Kryptik. I didn't review the files and did a bit of a panic and removed them. Now my computer won't boot up, not even in safe mode. It keeps shutting down, tries to reboot then shuts down again. I have UBCD for Windows and can boot up from this but when I open SUPERAntispyware this way it doesn't show any quarantined files that can be restored. I can't get into the computer to restore what was removed. I'd like to say thank you very much for this!!! I really don't want to have to reformat my hard drive, that is a right pain. PLEASE, can anyone help me restore my computer?

Do you have an XP Install disc ? if so you can use this to boot into your system, failing that a Live Linux disc can be used to access your system and back up the files/programmes you want.

I do have an UBUNTU disc that I burnt a couple of years ago when I had to reformat but didn't use it. So I can boot up using this & should be able to access the removed files?

Possibly not as the SAS programme is on Windows format, but you can use the linux disc to save any files you want to keep to an external HDD as long as the disc can be run without install.

Best bet is to ask a friend or even your works IT guys if they have a spare copy of XP for you to boot into the recovery console, this technique would allow access to the system files/programmes as they stand, then repairs can be made from there.