drpeej

Large number of false positives in Delphi compiled files

I am currently trialling SUPERAntiSpyware but this morning the scan log tells me that it has quarantined about 30 files that I know are OK.

Most of them seem to be in my Borland Delphi folders and many of them are programs that I have written and compiled with Delphi 7.

Its impractical to submit all of these to you as false positives. I suspect that the SUPERAntiSpyware is flagging a signature that is in the delphi compiled code

What do you suggest I do? I will need to reinstate these quarantined files but I am not sure how to do it

Peter Harris

I have had no reply to this, nor have I heard anything further from support since I submitted the files so I will be removing this from my system.

I just hope that none of my customers use it

It seems to me from reading these forums that SAS has a real false positive problem.

Hey drpeej, in all the time I have used SAS, I have never had a false positive,,,,,, so far. You may want to go open SAS and go to Manage Quarantine to restore quarantined objects, then go to Preferences and under Scanning Control go to Manage Folders and Manage Allowed Items. Hope that helps buddy.

After having had no help at all from support over this problem I am uninstalling the trial.

Each time I restored the files it was removed again the next time it scanned.

I tried looking at the manage allowed Items preference setting but as far as I can see it is necessary to add the path to each item manually

What annoys me most though is the complete lack of any support

I am even less impressed after uninstalling it as I found that there were a number of items from the SAS installation still remaining on my computer even after following the instructions to do a full uninstall using the downloaded uninstall utility.

As well as an orphaned shortcut on my desktop I found a number of items remaining in the registry including (rather worryingly) two scheduled tasks and the SAS core service.

I have removed all these manually but this should not have been necessary.

drpeej ,

There are a number of AV + AS programme Uninstallers that claim to remove all items but don't always do this, but most do.

That's why I always have this tool handy : http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html try the Free version and run it in Advanced mode (if it asks if you want to restart choose NO), remove all that it finds.