Sign in to follow this  
de_Fonso2

Realtime protection for Chrome

When I renewed my SuperAntiSpyware subscription last week I got a message at the end suggesting I make Google Chrome my default browser - so I did, and I like Chrome so far - except that when I run a scan at the end of a browsing session I'm picking up far more cookies than I ever have with IE. Only thing I can figure - and I don't know much - is that I must not be getting realtime protection with the new browser. Any suggestions?

BTW, I also use Kaspersky Anti-Virus, and it seems to be working with either browser.

Many thanks.

Tracking cookies are text files that you get from browsing the web and some programs and are not blocked in real-time because it would interfere with basic web browsing in addition to wasting system resources. You can disable cookies in your browser if you wish. In any case, they can not harm or slow your computer. You can read more about why they are detected here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/supportfaqdisplay.html?faq=26

Thanks for responding. I know what cookies are, and while I realize they're harmless, cuddly little critters for the most part, I kill 'em anyways. What I don't know is why 50 or more of them would get thru

during a session on a browser that SAS recommeded for "additional security" (to paraphrase) while a similiar session on IE might net 0 to 5 or six?

Your cookie settings were likely set differently assuming you are going to the same websites. To configure cookie settings in Chrome, click the wrench, click Settings, click Show Advanced Settings, click Content Settings under Privacy and change it to what you'd prefer.