wjfyfe

Real-Time protection locking computer

Hello,

When the option is set to use Real-Time protection, opening some programs and Internet sites really drag. Taking several.......several minutes to load. Locking the computer in the mean time.Turn off Real-Time Protection, programs/ websites just snap into place. I contacted customer service and they said they could not help with this situation. It's really frustrating to pay for a service and then not being able to utilize it. Can I find some help here?

Thanks!

Avast is the only other similar program. There is no effect by disabling Avast.

Thanks,

Bill

Aw! Firefox or Explorer. It makes no difference. Both act the same. And it is not just Internet sites. General programs are affected also.

If it's affecting Programmes too then I would create a csr ticket and ask for a member of the dev team to take a look at it.

LOL. I already went through support and was told that they could do nothing. Thus the reason I came here.

Hello William,

You can try disabling other real-time security programs and see if there is a conflict between the them on your system. In reality there are an infinite number of software combinations and configurations on systems and it is not possible for us to pinpoint unique issues on individual systems.

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware Customer Service

When real-time is activated, when you go to open a program or website you can just hear the computer going into overtime processing something............

Check your Task Manager to see what's using the most processes when SAS RT is activated.

Real-time protection will not work on every system. It's designed to work on as many systems as possible. Due to the fact that real-time protection is either on or off (there are no settings to adjust,) on systems with issues such as this it is best to disable that feature.

It's really frustrating to pay for a service and then not being able to utilize it. Can I find some help here?

Real-time protection will not work on every system. It's designed to work on as many systems as possible. Due to the fact that real-time protection is either on or off (there are no settings to adjust,) on systems with issues such as this it is best to disable that feature.

Wow, I have to ask some questions:

1. If you disable the real-time why pay for the service? Just use the free SAS.

2. Is SAS Advertized that it will not work on every system?

3. I have the Two "Lifetime" licenses and if I get another computer, if SAS does't work on that computer, that means I'm Out of Luck to put it politely?

Watching Windows Task Manager, the only significant change when a program is activated with real-time activated is SAS memory usage going from approximately 1,600K building slowly, (over several minutes while the computer is locked up), to over 250,000K

Bill

Wow, I have to ask some questions:

1. If you disable the real-time why pay for the service? Just use the free SAS.

2. Is SAS Advertized that it will not work on every system?

3. I have the Two "Lifetime" licenses and if I get another computer, if SAS does't work on that computer, that means I'm Out of Luck to put it politely?

The Professional edition offers other features such as automatic updates and scheduled scanning. Compatibility issues aren't unique to SUPERAntiSpyware. We offer a 14-day trial and 30 day refund period. When issues do arise, we do our best to find a solution; however, as stated, real-time protection is a feature that is either on or off. Obviously all developers want their software to work on as many systems as possible and SUPERAntiSpyware has been designed as such.

When issues do arise, we do our best to find a solution; however, as stated, real-time protection is a feature that is either on or off. Obviously all developers want their software to work on as many systems as possible and SUPERAntiSpyware has been designed as such.

Thank you Michael for clearing that up because what is posted in Post #12 sounds like if it don't work then your out of luck. Glad to see that SAS still has the same policy helping people work SAS Pro on their computers. :)

I am using SAS Professional Lifetime Subscription version with Windows XP, Firefox, IE and Chrome.

More and more, SAS has slowed down my browsing with all three browsers. I have been watching the Task Manager and found that whenever I go to different sites, SAS becomes very active and sometimes went up to 300MB which causing my browsers inactive for a few minutes. That's very annoying!

I really hope SAS will eventually find a way to solve this problem. I do not want to disable SAS Rea-Time protection, because that's one of the reasons I bought SAS.

Does anyone has any suggestions/comments to solve this problem? Thank you.