Ten Slogans for Intel

9. 9999973251 it?s a FLAW, Dammit, not a Bug

8. 9999163362 It's Close Enough, We Say So

7. 9999414610 Nearly 300 Correct Opcodes

6. 9999831538 You Don't Need to Know What's Inside

5. 9999835137 Redefining the PC and Mathematics As Well

4. 9999999021 We Fixed It, Really

3. 9998245917 Division Considered Harmful

2. 9991523619 Why Do You Think They Call It *Floating* Point?

1. 9999103517 we?re looking for a Few Good Flaws

0. 9999999998 The Errata Inside

GuiltySpark,

You are correct in your assumption of the quotation " . . programming must be the process of putting them in." To ERROR is human, finding them is a user, reporting them is a GOOD user, sharring knowledge is a very GOOD person, but; just being a critic and not sharring knowledge nor assisting in making improvements is a pain.

Your other quote about a person that cannot count being lucky, all are lucky whether they are smart, educated, or even illiterate if they can survive in this World in this day and age. We all have some gift we can share and be respectful of each other as well as the oposite sex.

IMHO if you become a user of what is usually considered 'bad lanuage' is not harmful to anyone except yourself, degrading yourself, but; being respectful of another and keeping one's lanuage in a respectable manner is keeping respect for yourself. I do not speak for the other members of this forum as I am very new here, helping another and sharring is what I attempt to do to assist another and being respectful is very important to me.

It sounds to me or looks as though you are trying to start a "flamming" with some of what you have presented. This is my only post to one of your posts if this is so, I surely hope "flamming" is not your objective. From what I have read of your posts you seem to be very intelligent and could provide some different points of view.

TIA, CU L8R,

LxCi

May I ask in a polite way? Keep it acceptable by anyone and do not stray to the 'dark side' of postings.

Edited by LxCi

@ LxCi ,

I am not sure as to which you refer.

If it is to the above "Ten Slogans....", it was merely meant as a joke which is why it was posted in "Off Topic".

As for the quotes....they are merely philosophical outlooks, questions etc... very harmless in their nature as I'm sure you're aware.

GS,

No it is not the ten in the first post, I quoted the part of the quote you had just after the TOP ten, and the one you use within your signature. I know they are not a threat nor considered bad.

In the 'bad' language reference is from a question you had posted in a different posting, do not even remember where that is. Think it is under the OT area, maybe? Just posting my opinion on those quotes.

Did not know you were a very knowledgeable person on here. Just wanted to give an input to see if we can keep this forum clean and acceptable without the unacceptable language.

Please accept my apologies for my ERROR in judgement. Just enjoy reading some postings of another person and if I have any input that may assist will give some info. Do want to keep this site looking as best as possible without any negativity.

Yes, I have since learned you are a member of the GOOD PERSONS on this forum along with some very GOOD KNOWLEDGE that will assist us in keeping our systems in the best shape.

Also Please forgive me for my EERORness ways.

LxCi ,

No apologies necessary was just confused from your first post, all cleared up now :)

As to the Thread in question regarding Bad Language etc.. It was simply to see if a Mod or such would let me know the situation because there is no page/link to a list of Forum Rules unlike on other forums.

No worries and keep logging in (the forum needs the activity) :D

Nice to see a site that is using the users to keep themselves under control and not a long list of Do's and Don't's and some maybes. Having knowledgeable people to give advice is more important.

My knowledge is limited to 'mine own mistakes, then doing the scramble to find out why, correct the error and note what was done wrong to never do again; yea, rite, we are only human and can make the same errors many times before we learn to not do that again.'

That is my 'school-of-hard-knocks' since about 1984 when I started on a GREEN screen Zenith/without a H/D only old 5.25 inch floppy/ two of them. About 1974 actually started with a Data General 19 inch Main Frame 64 bit computer using a Teletype for input. Now that was fun . . `til the instructor thought the two students were smarter than he was, I was one of them, it was just a practical joke on him. He had been putting problems into the CPU for us to solve, I just did the same for him and he could not solve it, was going to call the contractor to come in to solve the problem I had installed. I had written a little program and put it in with the 64 logic switches, just had to delete it and all was well again. He cut our training short by two weeks telling us, "when the student has learned more from their instructor, than what the instructor knows, it is time for them to graduate."

Progressed from DOS 8bit - 16bit - 32bit - now 64bit laptop Win7 SP1 and for the very first time have not had a BSOD, yet, knock-on-wood. All of the FORUMS on the web have been my point of learning. THANK YOU to all that have assisted me, hopefully some of my suggestions have assisted another or two.

GS,

Was wondering about your sig quote, "Quote If a man who cannot count finds a four-leaf clover, is he lucky? " How will he know it is a four-leaf clover?

"Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions."

~Albert Einstein

The above is a new one I just found by AE. My Father-in-law had one that I like real well:

"I thought I knew what I thought,

But now I know what I thought I knew

Isn't what I think I thought I knew".

It is your choise not mine, I will not tell you what you should or should NOT use. Besies, your idea will be better than mine, all I know are what has beeh quoted by another, I am not original nor a carbon copy. Just a little different.

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)