Sign in to follow this  
bilvihur

SASUNINST64 Corrupts Windows 7

Running SAS 5.1.1002 on Win 7 Home Premium. Ran the SASUNIST64 Uninstaller Utility (downloaded from the SAS site). It ran for a fairly long time, then asked for permission to reboot. After the boot, NONE OF THE STARTUP PGMS EXECUTED, AND MOST OF THE DESKTOP SHORTCUTS WERE GREYED OUT! The message said the programs they were pointing to had been moved or changed. This is EXACTLY the same problem I had with the SAS Uninstaller Utility 2 years ago: http://forums.supera...h__1#entry17190

At that time, you said "We have updated the uninstaller to block against this issue caused by CROSS LINKED files/directories on a windows system i.e. ChkDsk / ScanDsk would resolve this if run - we hadn't counted on a corrupted harddrives, but now we have guarded against this in all uninstallers." But obviously you haven't! Would you please address this issue once and for all! Your integrity is at stake! Fortunately for me, this time the Macrium system Image restore worked, and I was up and running in an hour. Thanks.

10:17:54 AM PDT

IMGTranShim1x1.gif

SUPERAntiSpyware.com Replied:

Hello,

It looks like you installed SUPERAntiSpyware a long time ago, installing the 32bit on a 64bit machine in the root folder of Program Files(x86).

Please uninstall via add/remove programs, then reinstall in the default directory.

Regards,

SUPERAntiSpyware Customer Service

Yes, I have used SAS for a long time, and probably installed the 32 bit version on my 64 bit WIN7 because it was the only version available. But I did nothing out of the ordinary! The SAS Uninstaller shouldn't have corrupted my OS. I have uninstalled SAS via the add/remove utility, but I will NOT be reinstalling SAS on my machine again. Once burned is an accident, twice burned is enough!