Sign in to follow this  
TeacherMac

Continually Stalls @ index.sqlite

Since purchasing the professional I have yet to complete a scan once it reaches the file "index.sqlite".

429970 files scanned detected 158 17 hours plus scanning local drive C and usb 1tb drive but always stalls once it reaches the file "index.sqlite" on drive C .

Will I have to totally remove Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox to be able to complete the scan?

There is no mention in any log regarding this file!

I would like this issue resolved asap.

Thanks,

Mac

First please make sure your browsers are closed when scanning.

Try these:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, select a Complete Scan then click on 'Scan Your Computer' - this will open a scan options window. In the lower right corner of this window is an option that says 'Scan Inside Zip Files' - please UNCHECK this. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

Michael,

Appears you didn't bother reading what I posted since I clearly posted the name of the file this program was stalling on which is used in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird and it WAS NOT a ZIP file!!!!!!!!!

Please see if you're able to provide the correct answer/fix or let me know how I can get a refund!

Thanks so much for NOTHING!

I am attempting to help and those are the configuration options that can cause stalling/crashing on some systems. If you have tried those options and would like to troubleshoot further or get a refund, please create a support ticket at superantispyware.com/csr. We can issue a diagnostic and a developer can inspect it to see if there is a solution for your system. Thank you.