sonda

"Processing CORE Definition" part of update taking forever!

So superantispyware has been working great, catching some flash cookies too, but it takes forever to update! Here's a current pic, clocking at 3 hours now:

dcvms.png

Last time, I just rebooted it. Might it have to do something with the fact that I'm using the guest account of a computer? The friend who recommended and installed it that he said it would work for all users.

Edit: I would also like to add that I can't close the program manually. Clicking the X button in the update window does nothing, and trying to click anything on the main window causes the update window to flash to draw attention to itself instead.

Why don't you just stop the process through the "Task Manager" ?

BTW, some info about the OS you're using would be helpful ... :wink:

Wow, a lot has happened so let me try and distill it.

After logging on as an admin, I received a new problem. Whenever I right click the “bug” icon, no menu appears. I’d wait for 15 minutes at a time not doing anything else on the computer, and nothing happens. After a reinstall and a reboot, this happened:

33bczme.png

So after a 2nd try, the reinstall worked but the problem still persisted, so I did a virus scan which showed nothing. The problem was finally fixed after another reboot and it seems to work fine now...but all that was detected was some more flash cookies...should I be worried?

He's not the only one with problem. Since the recent version update it can take up to 10 minutes to update CORE definitions (For some reason, most of the updates are CORE, not trace, why?). In fact I was going to make a post about this problem as I had to do a force restart when it went beyond 10 minutes. I think the problem may be on SAS's end than ours.

Same problem over here: "processing CORE definitions" takes ages, and "sometimes" doing a scan takes ages (can be 'days') too.

Uninstalling and re-installing did not fix this.

Very annoying...

My system has 8 GB ram. "Plenty" for all other apps and for the way I use my PC, never had "not enough ram" trouble nor 'feeling'.

CPU usage (when "CORE update definitions" is running for ages) is around 30% (25-50%, loads of other apps running in background), ram usage around 4-5 GB.

Process Explorer says SAS is using 25% CPU when (not realy?) processing the Core definitions update.

I never had this problem with SAS , only lately (couple of weeks now, so I guess the problem came with the latest program update).

I just noticed the CORE-update is busy (is it?) for over een hour again, that's why I had a look at this forum, to see if some solution has popped up yet. Seems not...

And "the problem" doesn't accour everytyme the definitions are updated... It's a "sometimes".

And as I mentioned before: uninstall.re-install doesn't fix the problem. Only keeps the customer busy for a while :wink: .

How much RAM does your system have? When this is occuring, hit ctrl+alt+delete and check how much CPU and memory are being used in task manager.

How much RAM does your system have? When this is occuring, hit ctrl+alt+delete and check how much CPU and memory are being used in task manager.

1 GB Ram here. It seems that it just does not cooperate unless I close everything such as skype, firefox and thunderbird. This was the last time it lagged badly, not the time at the bottom right:

10s8bnp.jpg

iqekoy.png