Tara

Could all four threats in my SAS log be false postives?

Hello

One of the three threats is definitely a false positive (NewVistaJourneys) and I'm wondering if the other three are also the same?

I've Googled for info on these 'threats', and there are results there, but they are on foreign sites, and I can't understand what's being said.

I've ran a MalwareBytes scan, and that said there were no threats....

Can anyone help me please? I'd be so grateful!

Thanks

Tara

60f982eb.jpg

7a9f4842.jpg

Hi Tara ,

The NewVista Journeys from Wakoopa is classed as PUP because its a tracking programme this is why it shows up in some scanners and not in others.

The others ilivid, security hijack are genuine threats.

Hi

I know the NewVista Journeys is ok, as I installed that willingly, knowing that it will track where I visit (unless I pause the application)

Do you have any info on the others to substantiate that they are harmful please? I can only find info on foreign sites...

I believe ILivid as a download manager is safe, though what it downloads may not be - do you have info info that shows ILivid to be unsafe?

Funny enough I just read that, but I also have read a lot more that backs what I said, ie, the application is safe, its what can be downloaded with it, that can cause the problems. I will of course look into this in depth tonight.

Do you have any info on the security.hijack 'threats' please? This is what I'm really after at the mo.

I have had to report many false positives to SAS in the past, and hopefully, this is another of the same.

HPUCLI.exe is a HP updater possibly considered Invasive by SAS and other scanners it can be turned off.

More than likely a FP, However, it's not uncommon for Nasties to latch onto such files if you have an AV with a Disinfect option it may be worth giving it the once over.

In my opinion it is just Crapware that HP installs on machines.

Ah, I do have a HP 'all in one' printer /scanner and I thought that I had disabled the updater.

As Kaspersky Internet Security & MalwareBytes aren't picking up any of these 'threats' I think I'll stop worrying. I will run a full KIS scan now to be extra sure.

Thanks for your help.