dellyfry

Execution Protection

Since SuperAntiSpyware Pro hooks into explorer shell, I think it would be a prime candidate to offer program execution protection - i.e. suspending unknown processes from launching/running. You could use the whitelist from www.fileresearchcenter.com for all known good programs, signed Windows components, along with user added submissions, to help a user control what runs on their PC. Great for unknown spyware....

Of course this would all be an option for those who may or may not want to run it.

A lot of googleing for the average user . As an added feature for advanced users it would be nice but there are already good standalone HIPS solutions available from other vendors .

Nic wants SAS to stay as light and easy to use as possible .

A lot of googleing for the average user . As an added feature for advanced users it would be nice but there are already good standalone HIPS solutions available from other vendors .

Certainly SAS does a great job on detecting and removing difficult threats, however many people do not or will not run a full HIPS program. While I'm not certain that SAS will ever include any form of HIPS like functionality, it just seemed like a hop, jump and a skip away (relatively speaking) from implementing something close to this (program execution), as it appears to me that the SAS team already has a form of a whitelist available ( www.fileresearchcenter.com).

Nic wants SAS to stay as light and easy to use as possible .

Understood, and I really have no idea if it would add substantial overhead or not... which is why I would recommend it be turned off by default.... but would still be nice if the options was there.

We may provide a HIPS/Behavorial based blocking product in the future - I will not bloat SUPERAntiSpyware, so it will likley be a seperate product or module.

We may provide a HIPS/Behavorial based blocking product in the future - I will not bloat SUPERAntiSpyware, so it will likley be a seperate product or module.

That will be more than amazing!!! :D

I will love it for sure... :wink: