Mike Smith

How do I program SAS to ignore my .jpg files?

I'm using the free SAS and want it to ignore my extensive .jpg files to speed up the process a little. Is it possible to do this in the free version?

Hi Mike ,

Click on Preferences -- Scanning Control -- Manage Excluded Folders -- Add -- then select the folder that contains your jpeg files.

That is no good. I have over 100 folders for pictures. It makes things easy to find if I create a different folder for each group of pictures.

In "my documents". I was hoping to get around having to consolodate all of them into one folder by being able to have SAS ignore any .jpg file. Looks that will not be happening, yet.

It doesn't appear you can unfortunately.

Your best bet would be to copy all pictures to a removable/external HDD and disconnect when you run a scan.

I can't find any way within the programme to do what you are asking.

Thanks for your help. I have another question.

Does a trojan or virus ever nest in "my documents"? Can I safely "exclude" the entire folder and its 65,000 files and 57 gigs of data?

Trojans/Virus can insert them selves anywhere, however will usually need to be Activated in some way first, for example some time ago CNet had a problem with their downloader installing Malware in with the programme being downloaded, but could be picked up by AV/AS vendors sometimes before the programme was Run/Activated.

So yes it's possible and plausible for piece of Malware to reside/install anywhere.

Make sure your AV has Real-Time-Scanning and the ability to scan Downloaded Files, as well as Heuristic capabilities.

So I would not exclude any Main Folder on your computer (just to be safe)