Sign in to follow this  
Calistoga

What's Going on?

I am seeing way too many threats after I visit 2 legitimate (not sketchy) websites. I'm using an Intel iMac with Windows XP SP3. I am current with all updates. I was using Microsoft Security Essentials but have now switched to Nod32. I have run MRT with no threats found. I have done to online virus scans (Eset, Trend Micro) no threats found. I use this computer once a week for business purposes. I can also post the log. I am also having the same problem with my Windows 7 Professional machine. I have run all the above mentioned scans and again no threats found.

Thanks.

Windows 7 Professional

super22012.jpg

Windows XP Professional

super2012.jpg

Were all the threats Adware / Cookies?

SAS will find Adware / Cookies. If you need to keep the cookies select the cookies you want to keep and put them in the "Trust Selected Items".

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/02/2012 at 12:36 PM

Application Version : 5.0.1150

Core Rules Database Version : 8675

Trace Rules Database Version: 6487

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:06:43

Operating System Information

Windows XP Professional 32-bit, Service Pack 3 (Build 5.01.2600)

Administrator

Memory items scanned : 564

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 28798

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 9368

File threats detected : 69

Adware.Tracking Cookie

.advertising.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.pro-market.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.revsci.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.revsci.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adrevolver.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.media.adrevolver.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.burstnet.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.collective-media.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.collective-media.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.doubleclick.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.interclick.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.mediaplex.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.media6degrees.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.questionmarket.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adviva.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.specificmedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.specificclick.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.trafficmp.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.trafficmp.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.realmedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.realmedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.apmebf.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.fastclick.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.edge.ru4.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.tacoda.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.tribalfusion.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.a1.interclick.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.zedo.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adcentriconline.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adtech.de [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.glb.adtechus.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adserverec.adtechus.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adserverwc.adtechus.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.ad.us-ec.adtechus.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.bluestreak.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.loadxl.exelator.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.loadxl.exelator.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.loadxl.exelator.biz [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.serving-sys.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.precisionclick.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.precisionclick.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.smartadserver.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.imrworldwide.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.2o7.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.nextag.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.247realmedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adbrite.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adinterax.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.rotator.adjuggler.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.clicktale.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.casalemedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.chitika.net [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.kanoodle.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.www.tattomedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.tradedoubler.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.adlegend.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.weborama.fr [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.www.burstnet.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.data.coremetrics.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.eyewonder.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.pluckit.demandmedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.invitemedia.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.atwola.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.atdmt.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.ru4.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

.1a-do-not-track-plus.com [ C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\PAUL NUSSBAUM\LOCAL SETTINGS\APPLICATION DATA\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log

https://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 06/02/2012 at 06:07 PM

Application Version : 5.0.1150

Core Rules Database Version : 8675

Trace Rules Database Version: 6487

Scan type : Quick Scan

Total Scan Time : 00:05:24

Operating System Information

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit, Service Pack 1 (Build 6.01.7601)

UAC Off - Administrator

Memory items scanned : 726

Memory threats detected : 0

Registry items scanned : 27174

Registry threats detected : 0

File items scanned : 7547

File threats detected : 74

Adware.Tracking Cookie

.advertising.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.pro-market.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.revsci.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.revsci.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adrevolver.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.media.adrevolver.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.burstnet.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.collective-media.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.collective-media.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.doubleclick.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.interclick.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.mediaplex.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.media6degrees.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.atdmt.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.questionmarket.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adviva.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.specificmedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.specificclick.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.trafficmp.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.trafficmp.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.realmedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.realmedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.apmebf.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.fastclick.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.edge.ru4.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.tacoda.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.tribalfusion.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.a1.interclick.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.zedo.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adcentriconline.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adtech.de [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.glb.adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adserverec.adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adserverwc.adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.ad.us-ec.adtechus.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.bluestreak.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.loadxl.exelator.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.loadxl.exelator.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.loadxl.exelator.biz [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.serving-sys.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.precisionclick.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.precisionclick.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.smartadserver.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.imrworldwide.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.2o7.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.nextag.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.ad.yieldmanager.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.247realmedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adbrite.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adinterax.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

rotator.adjuggler.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.clicktale.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.casalemedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.chitika.net [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.ads.pointroll.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.kanoodle.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

www.tattomedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.tradedoubler.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.adlegend.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.weborama.fr [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

www.burstnet.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

data.coremetrics.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.eyewonder.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

pluckit.demandmedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.invitemedia.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.atwola.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

.ru4.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

1a-do-not-track-plus.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MOZILLA\FIREFOX\PROFILES\A82I0SAG.DEFAULT\COOKIES.SQLITE ]

accounts.google.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

accounts.youtube.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

accounts.youtube.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

accounts.google.com [ C:\USERS\NUKE\APPDATA\LOCAL\GOOGLE\CHROME\USER DATA\DEFAULT\COOKIES ]

cleardot.gif

I do not accept third-party cookies in Google Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer. My browser of choice is Google Chrome. I thought maybe this recent problem with tracking cookies may have been a conflict with one or more of my extensions. I basically use the same extensions in Google Chrome as with Firefox. For years all I would see would be three or four tracking cookies. After visiting Gmail, Photo Bucket, and this website, I had 147 tracking cookies. I have deleted my Internet cache, history, cookies.

Any thoughts?

ChromeExtensions.jpg

I've been having similar results on SAS scans as you're having Calistoga. When I noticed that 99.9% (or more) of the cookies found were down to Google Chrome, I decided to try to stop it. One option is to prevent SAS from scanning for them, i.e. untick 'Scan for tracking cookies' under the 'Scanning Control' tab in 'Scanning and Program Preferences' - found by going to 'View Control Center (Preferences/Options)...'. Another option, which is what I did and seems to have worked so far, is to change your settings in Google Chrome. Go to the Spanner (wrench) icon, then to Settings and click on 'Show advanced settings', then go to 'Privacy' and click on the 'Content settings...' button and make sure that the following options are ticked (you've probably got the first 2 ticked already):

1. Allow local data to be set (recommended)

2. Block third-party cookies and site data

3. Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser

Click on 'OK' at bottom of the Content settings page and close it. This suits me fine and I hope that you find it useful.

Madeline

You're very welcome Calistoga. I doubt very much if 'Do Not Track Plus' has any bearing on the matter despite what it says in those FAQs as I was having the same problem as you and, until I saw it mentioned here, I'd never heard of 'Do Not Track Plus'! It looks like a good program though, so I'll probably try it out.

Madeline

Ahoy-Hoy, Madeline!I I removed Do Not Track Plus from Google Chrome. After that, I unchecked the tick in Google Chrome (Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser) and surfed the net as I have in the past. When I was finished browsing the Internet, I scanned with SAS. This time I only had five tracking cookies instead of 69 or more. The cookies were all from Google and YouTube. Right now I would have to say that Do Not Track Plus seems to conflict with SAS (see post #11). However, Do Not Track Plus will cause no harm or problems as long as you have Google Chrome set up to clear cookies and other site plug-ins when you close the browser (see post #9). I will report back if anything changes.

Let us know what happens if you decide to try Do Not Track Plus.

Good Luck!

Hey Calistoga,

I'm one of the engineers here at Abine, creators of DoNotTrackPlus. Someone gave us the link to this forum post in their feedback and I wanted to shed some light on this issue.

We fight trackers by both blocking them and opting you out of being tracked. There are 2 different methods, and you can learn about them here: http://www.donottrackplus.com/whatisoptout.php

There are both good and bad cookies, and we add the good kind to your browser. They’re called “opt-out cookies,” and they signal to advertisers that you want to opt-out of receiving target advertising (it's like the "Do Not Call" list for targeted advertising). But while regular cookies tell Web sites information about your online behavior, opt-out cookies tell advertising companies that you *don't want* to receive targeted advertising. They're the same cookies for everybody, so they can't be used to track you, and we keep them from getting deleted to ensure maximum opt-outs.

You can read more about the NAI, the advertising industry initiative to let people opt-out, here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp

If we can answer any other questions, please contact us anytime at support [at] getabine.com !

Ahoy-Hoy, Madeline!I I removed Do Not Track Plus from Google Chrome. After that, I unchecked the tick in Google Chrome (Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser) and surfed the net as I have in the past. When I was finished browsing the Internet, I scanned with SAS. This time I only had five tracking cookies instead of 69 or more. The cookies were all from Google and YouTube. Right now I would have to say that Do Not Track Plus is the culprit. However, Do Not Track Plus will cause no harm or problems as long as you have Google Chrome set up to clear cookies and other site plug-ins when you close the browser. I will report back if anything changes.

Let us know what happens if you decide to try Do Not Track Plus.

Good Luck!

Hi Calistoga,

A few points:

1. I was getting 70+ cookies before I'd ever heard of Do Not Track Plus, so I don't think that the latter is the problem.

2. I installed Do Not track Plus on Firefox 13.0 (my default browser), Internet Explorer 9, Safari and Google Chrome.

3. I unticked 'Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser' in Chrome and ran a scan with SAS while Do Not Track Plus was still enabled. 70+ cookies were found.

4. I then disabled Do Not Track Plus and left the option mentioned in (3) above unticked and ran another scan with SAS. Again, 70+ cookies were found.

5. I re-enabled Do Not Track Plus and ticked 'Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser' again, ran a 3rd scan with SAS and - guess what? NO cookies were found!

6. My conclusion therefore is that this problem is down to Google and not SAS or Do Not Track Plus.

SAS has rarely found cookies when I've been using the other browsers I mentioned anyway. This problem arose only when I used Chrome which isn't all that often as I'm not very keen on it.

@ abine

Thank you for the info you gave above. Do Not Track Plus seems to me to be an excellent program which I'm very pleased to have on my PCs. Many thanks.

Madeline

3. I unticked 'Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser' in Chrome and ran a scan with SAS while Do Not Track Plus was still enabled. 70+ cookies were found.

4. I then disabled Do Not Track Plus and left the option mentioned in (3) above unticked and ran another scan with SAS. Again, 70+ cookies were found.

5. I re-enabled Do Not Track Plus and ticked 'Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser' again, ran a 3rd scan with SAS and - guess what? NO cookies were found!

Ahoy-Hoy, Madeline!

We share common ground with Do Not Track Plus if Chrome Is ticked to clear cookies and other site plug-in data when the browser is closed. I believe my results were the same as you have illustrated above. I decided to remove Do Not Track Plus from my Windows 7 machine. In Firefox I am not seeing any cookies after I run a scan with SAS. Ghostery is probably keeping the cookies at bay. I don't use Internet Explorer. With Google Chrome, after I scan with SAS, I am seeing at the very most seven or eight cookies (all from Google). In Google Chrome I have unticked " Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser". I still use Do Not Track Plus on my Mac. I have not removed Do Not Track Plus on my Windows XP machine. I will experiment with Do Not Track Plus on my XP computer for my assignment tomorrow.

Abine, thanks for making Do Not Track Plus available and being a good watchdog of the Internet!

Hi Calistoga,

I just did a scan with SAS on my XP PC and it found nothing. I don't have DNT+ on there. At the moment, I can't decide whether to keep DNT+ or stay with Ghostery which I've had for some time now, as Abine don't recommend having both. Another decision to make!

Madeline

Ahoy-Hoy, Madeline!

I am on my Windows XP machine. When I turned on the computer I updated and ran SAS. It found 73 cookies. I disabled DNT+ in Chrome and then surfed the Internet. I scanned with SAS and it found 3 tracking cookies. Next, I disabled DNT+ in Firefox and repeated the same test as I did with Google Chrome. SAS found 2 tracking cookies. After that, I enabled DNT+ in Google Chrome, browsed the Web to see what SAS would find. After doing a scan with SAS, it found 73 tracking cookies. Needless to say, I have turned off DNT+ in both Google Chrome and Firefox. For now I will stick with Ghostery. I have opted not to delete cookies when Google Chrome closes. By the way, I am using Firefox version 11.0. In the privacy tab there is an option where you can put a tick that will tell websites that you do not want to be tracked.

If there are any changes with tracking cookies, I will report back.

Good luck!

I'm still convinced that the problem lies with Google Chrome as the problem of many cookies being found by SAS arises for me only when I don't have 'Clear cookies and other site and plug-in data when I close my browser' ticked in that browser. DNT+ is irrelevant in this respect as I didn't have it when the issue first arose.

I think I'll probably stay with Ghostery, rather than change to DNT+ as it seems to me, after some checking, that Ghostery blocks more trackers.

In the privacy tab there is an option where you can put a tick that will tell websites that you do not want to be tracked.

That's right, I've done this in Firefox already. Incidentally, your version of Firefox is out of date as it was updated to version 13.0 on June 5th (the update to v12.0 was on April 24th).

Have a good weekend!

Madeline :-)