Sign in to follow this  
sly stone

I THOUGHT I WAS DOWNLOADING THE SAS PORTABLE

This just get's better and better. i have not posted as I've knew the topic of the SAS portable now installing would create alot of unhappy people including me. But tonight my daughter had a bad virus. I have four or five "real" portables but decided to see what the SAS PORTABLE install would do. Would i be able to install? And how would it work? I was not looking as closely as i should have and when i put the usb in and went to install what i thought was the portable, was instead the free version? I was into the install so i finished. It did worked and fixed alot of the problem. However i just checked the download on the sas portable and it is the free version. How can that happen? When the user may not be able to update? I also see that indeed there is a newer version of the SAS pro. I will wait a couple of days and if it is not in the updates then I will do a clean install. I'm not going to bitch but had i known that there would be so much confusion in the take over I never would have bought the SAS pro. It's done there's nothing I can do. Please fix and get the right download for the portable right. I'm not sure i can trust the download and still might use it but it needs to be fixed. Some people when infected panic and would miss this. I didn't panic as i had a army of things to try on my usb. This isn't good and i echo, make the update to version 1150 fast. Can't trust the download and don't get the upgrades as fast as new users? I'm done.

The Portable Scanner Personal Edition is essentially the free edition with a randomized name and bundled definitions. It still serves the same purpose as the last version: you can download the installer, copy it to a usb drive, install it on an infected computer without internet access and run a scan. The only difference is that it installs.

No you missed the fact that the portable installed version "doesn't need to be updated". I was lucky. But It's not the same thing. What if it installed and i couldn't update? If i wanted the free i would have downloaded it. Fix the link. This is why i don't post here any more.

"Installed" != "Portable"

Portable means it STAYS on the USB. Either rename your product or fix it's methodology.