jayt

SAS causes lag in shut down and start up?

Has anyone else noticed that SAS causes significant lag in shut down and start up times in WinXP?

I've installed SAS on over 130 XP computers. I have seen other minor issues, but no significant lag on startup and shutdown.

What other programs start when your computer starts?

Also, as a test disable First Chance Prevention and see what happens. Did you have "Scan system services" enabled?

Seth,

Thanks for your reply. I am a happy camper once again. I love SAS. It is fast, through and not a resource hog. But I was getting frustrated with the lag in shutdown and startup times. Your suggestion was right on. I disabled First Chance Prevention and now start up and shut down times are back to normal.

Great!

I get the feeling First Chance Prevention is getting "stucK" on some files, or you have a highly unusual amount of files that FCP has to scan.

When I have "Scan system services" enabled, my login and logout times take one or two full minutes. It's SAS, not anything else on my system.

When I have "Scan system services" enabled, my login and logout times take one or two full minutes. It's SAS, not anything else on my system.

Scanning all your services does take more time, that's why it's an option :)

only adds about 5-10 sec more on my computer to shutdown/startup :)

Oh wow, I guess I'd gloat too! Sucks to be me--how hilarious! :lol: :lol:

It's actually probably that I have a lot more "services" registered than your system does.