Sign in to follow this  
datasafe

SAS Pro Keeps Crashing!

Hi guys

For several months my SASPro which is configured to do a complete scan everyday in the early hours, crashes.

This is what I see:

SASError.jpg

The only thing I can do is a Ctrl+Alt+Del, start Task Manager (Windows 7) and End Task. I'm informed SASPro is not responding and it eventually closes.

I can start a Quick Scan and it finishes successfully, I clear any threats found but I'm ALWAYS prompted to re-boot! I haven't been able to complete a scheduled full scan for months. When possible, I always submit a report.

I've raised this problem on a support ticket in the past and after submitting numerous diagnostic files and following various instructions to alter some of the scan options, the problem has not been resolved.

I'd like to completely remove SAPro and wonder if a fresh installation would then work. What do you guys think? Will I be able to use my existing licence?

Any other tips?

Cheers

john

Okay, latest update.

I did as suggested above and downloaded the uninstall utility. I then downloaded the latest version of SASPro and installed it, I didn't make any changes to the default settings. For a few days, SASPro worked just fine but now, every morning (following a scheduled Full Scan) I get the same problem:

SASError.jpg

If you'd like me to once again send me logs, do let me know.

Cheers

John