Somethngcreative

Trojan.agent/gen-decay?

Hi,

Can you please tell me what Trojan.agent/gen-decay is?

I found it while I ran superantispyware on safe mode under c:\Program Files (x86)Adobe\Reader 10.0\Reader\Reader_SL.exe.

I'm worried cause this is the first virus that got through my security set up :(.

Thanks!

With the new update, I received this as well. I am assuming it is a false positive, but I will keep it in quarantine until there is some sort of official response.

I've just submitted this as a FP via the SUPERAntiSpyware application. Newly installed XP + Adobe Reader , plus 3 different computers that I know are clean suggests this is a FP. -kd5-

Hi,

I'm getting this issue today, as the first time, and I've always kept SuperAntispyware updated. I usually do a scan every day.

Is it a false positive? or not?

Thanks

i just saw this on 6 computers, i says this on all 6 logs, each computer are totally different running the pro version and none of them are related

Trojan.Agent/Gen-Decay

C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\$PATCHCACHE$\MANAGED\68AB67CA7DA73301B744AA0100000010\10.1.0\READER_SL.EXE

please fix this

robin

Good evening everyone,

Like the last couple of posters, I ended up with a Trojan Agent/Gen-Decay warning during a Quick SAS scan earlier today. Prior to the SAS scan, it opened a dialog box telling me I had not updated in two days...which I knew to be inaccurate as i update EVERY, SINGLE, DAY, as well as, run at least ONE or more quick scans as well!.

I've left the items in Quarantine for now, since back in April...SAS picked up a Sirefef Trojan infection and after it was supposedly removed & my computer rebooted...I discovered I no longer had ANY Internet connection at all! The "removal" process managed to delete the Windows ipsec.sys driver file ...hence the reason for no Internet connectivity.

Ended up having to expend $123.00 at a computer repair shop just to get my machine back up and running! This "running into trojans issue" with SAS is fast becoming VERY disquieting!

* ALSO...PLEASE fix your upload server! I tried to upload a .jpeg file containing a screenshot of the SAS trojan warnings, but despite the fact my file is less than 100k (well under the stated 500k maximum allowed here)...your server kept saying, "Error: The server returned an error during upload".

I really DON'T need any further frustrating issues with SAS today! :-(

Thank you for your time and review of these issues.

got this this AM too. i've reported it before, it's quite annoying to keep getting FPs on known items. don't think Reader has updated so i can't think of any reason why it would suddenly trigger again.

well, this is my first use of SAS, i "read" that it was highly rated, but apparently this, TOO, is a False Positive.

doesn't seem that this issue was fixed with the latest definitions unless SAS hasn't released any since Posted 02 April 2012 - 03:20 PM, which would ALSO be a GREAT reason to uninstall this garbage.

which is what i'm going to do next.

ta ta.

it is still not fixed even after the update this morning, I just logged onto another client computer who just turned on their computer this morning, DID THE UPDATE DEFINITIONS THIS MORNING after not having this laptop on for 3 days and they are getting the same popup from superantispyware

WHEN ARE YOU FIXING THIS!!!!!

i sent a report to Avast telling them it was a FP, funny how it happend the same time as your fp

Can you please give me the definition number it was fixed on, was it core 8756? if not which is it?

thanks

robin

i just downloaded and installed SP from your website for a client and it says it is version 5.1.1002. On my computers and on my clients it is version 5.0.1150, all of them are up to date. Why is the website a newer version? and when will we see this version in the updater?

thanks

robin

It will update when that version gets released to the update system, as usual the new version is first released for new downloads and then released to the update system at a later time.