Sign in to follow this  
Repairman88

SAS launch problem

Hi folks; I recently updated to v.5 and the scans are a lot quicker thankfully.

However one strange thing I did notice was that from the shortcut it wont launch first time. All that happens is that the small pop-up notice appears, then disapears and nothing. If I then double click the short cut again the small pop up appears, goes away and the program launches as normal and works well. This is the free edition.

Strange but I have the same problem on both computers, a laptop running W7 64bit and a desktop also running W7 64bit.

I have experimented on the laptop. On your FAQ page it suggests running RUNSAS.exe which I did and that produced an error box 'Program files not found' so I dowloaded and ran SASSAFERUN.com and that appeared to work. I launched SAS twice with no problems with just one double click of the shortcut. I'm not sure if SASSAFERUN has to be run every time you reboot, as when I rebooted the system was back to the normal problem having to be double clicked twice to launch SAS.

Of course it's not really a problem having to try and launch the program twice; just takes a few seconds more but felt you aught to know about it; perhaps it's only a problem with W7 64bit OS.

I've notice a new entry in my start list 'SuperAntispyware Registration/Activation' which I assume you have to use if you subscribe to the paid version? Or is this needed for the free version as well; I've never clicked on that; perhaps that's what the problem is. Please advise.

Many thanks,

Mike.

If you do not have SUPERAntiSpyware set to start with Windows, the first time you double-click the desktop icon it will create the bug icon in the system tray. You can then double-click the system tray icon, or double-click the desktop icon again.

Thanks for that; works fine; a single click on the bug lauches it after the first double click of the shortcut.

Does give another ad popup for SAS after you shut the program down though but no problem. :)