I have been a happy user of SAS free for several years. Recently I added a third hard drive, a 3TB Eastgate USB connected. I also have internal 250GB and a 40GB hard drives. This runs on a 32 bit XP Home SP3 system. Since adding the USB drive about a month ago I have been unable to complete a SAS scan. It ends up telling me the scan cannot complete due to a problem, and offers to send a report to SAS. I have submitted the reports with my email address, as requested, but heard nothing further. Is this a problem with my own system, or is it a glitch with SAS? Thanks.

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, select a Complete Scan then click on 'Scan Your Computer' - this will open a scan options window. In the lower right corner of this window is an option that says 'Scan Inside Zip Files' - please UNCHECK this. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

Usually, I would suspect something with the last addition to the system when the problem became apparent. Two key phrases come to mind. Windows XP and 3.0 Terabyte drive. You called it an "Eastgate", but I will assume it to be a "Seagate". Even though Seagate claims that their External USB drives will work with Windows XP, there may be issues with certain controllers or hardware. Windows XP usually will not natively support drives larger than about 2.19 Terabytes. Most external USB drives over 2.2 Terabytes that support Windows XP, do so with special hardware. There are sometimes compatibility issues with host controllers and/or drivers. I have worked around a few issues by installing a different USB 3.0 controller and/or updating drivers. One time reformatting and partitioning a drive was required to resolve an issue. I would suggest contacting Seagate, or browsing their forums for a solution, if the above recommendations from Michael do not resolve the issue.