Tara

SAS found Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAV & quarantined it. Is that all that needs to be done?

Hi

SAS found 'Trojan.Agent/Gen-FakeAV' (subsection says: C:\TARA\DOWNLOADS\SOFT32DOWNLOADER-FOR-ADOBE-GOLIVE.EXE)

On reboot, SAS quarantined it.

Is this enough for my laptop to be clean now, or do I need to do more?

Thanks in advance

Tara

Hi

It said that there were files that couldn't be removed until reboot, so I rebooted and now the info is in the quarantine section.

I can run SAS again, but I wondered if I should take any other action?

(Kaspersky didn't pick up this file, so maybe it's a false positive)

That should be all you need to do, if you run another scan it shouldn't be detected again. If you believe it is a false positive, you can restore the item then run a scan and use the built-in false positive reporter so we can check it out.

And to further the above post the reason KAV didn't pick it up is probably because it's not a Virus/Worm or such like AV's and Scanners such as SAS will look for different things.

Thanks.

I'm not going to restore it to test, as knowing me, I'll forget and leave it on my laptop, and chances are, it will be a trojan.

Kaspersky is usually hot at detection, but then, no anti virus / anti malware is 100% perfect at halting / picking up any nasties.

And to further the above post the reason KAV didn't pick it up is probably because it's not a Virus/Worm or such like AV's and Scanners such as SAS will look for different things.

Kaspersky does alert me when visiting dodgy websites with hidden horrors, and if I try to download anything that's suss without me knowing it, KIS will warn me and quarantine (its the full suite with cloud protection)

Thanks.

I'm not going to restore it to test, as knowing me, I'll forget and leave it on my laptop, and chances are, it will be a trojan.

Kaspersky is usually hot at detection, but then, no anti virus / anti malware is 100% perfect at halting / picking up any nasties.

No matter what the AV suite.

KAV is very good though. 8)

No matter what the AV suite.

KAV is very good though. 8)

Free forever with Barclays banking - :-)

What on earth is going on - It says top of screen that in my mailbox, someone has left me a message in cyrillic Bulgarian text, and in the notification section, it says SexMailz started a new personal conversation with you.

Is it a spammers paradise on here?

Really ?

I'm surprised they didn't ask you to install Trusteer.

I did have Trusteer - That comes free with NatWest banking, but I think it slowed the laptop, so I stuck with Netcraft security (for Firefox and Pale Moon)

What on earth is going on - It says top of screen that in my mailbox, someone has left me a message in cyrillic Bulgarian text, and in the notification section, it says SexMailz started a new personal conversation with you.

Is it a spammers paradise on here?

members can use personal invites in private conversation.

But in this case it could be spam there doesn't appear to be anyone else online as far as I can tell.

Edit : Do you use FF or PM ?

members can use personal invites in private conversation.

But in this case it could be spam there doesn't appear to be anyone else online as far as I can tell.

Edit : Do you use FF or PM ?

Well I am totally converted to Pale Moon, and I removed Firefox - PM has an app that carried over all of my add ons, and I even kept my 200 or so Speed Dial tabs. In fact add ons that stopped working in FF after updates, fully work in PM :-)

Do you use it? I believe its quicker and cleaner.

I do use it.

Much safer than others because it's been stripped of all the flash mod cons i.e. Active X controls which other engines are adamant they must have.

As for quicker, I don't think there is a massive difference but then I run bare bones of add ons so the slow down is nullified.

You can always make it quicker by adjusting the about:config settings, but as I say it's really not necessary.

Not many people are aware of PM, and I kind of like that (though I'm not sure why!)

Thanks for the help; I'm off to bed now and logging off.

Tara