mohavepc

SAS portable error

I have triad 3 different downloads of the sas portable scanner on 2 different flash drives to test my laptop. I also tried to run it on this desktop and I get a message saing that the definitions are outdated and to download a new version which then opens the website to download portable again. date and time on both machines are correct. laptop is infected with security center antivirus fake but desktop shows clean with mbam, Avg, and eset. Is the SAS portable no good anymore? I cannot install sas on the laptop without errors so that is why I wanted to use the portabe. laptop is a lenovo g550 win 7 32 bit home prem

desktop is an MSI custom quad core amd and 4 gb ram win 7 ult 64 bit

please advise

the latest edition from http://www.superanti...ag=SAS_HOMEPAGE

I cant seem to be able to post a screenshot but I just downloaded and tried to open it again with same results

It does not open so I can not get a version number It just says it's outdated and to download a new version. ok clicking ok it opens a browser thad begins this evil loop of downloading again and no open. I did it twice thinking I had another issue. I hav also contacted a friend of mine running xp and he has the same issue.

How do you know it's infected with SC antivirus-virus if all scans are clean ?

If sure it is malware then download RKill here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/rkill and run it then try MBAM and AV scans, then we can attempt to find out why SAS port. isn't working, although I think this may be a server issue more than anything else haveing just d/l it to try and replicate your problem I have had no trouble with it.

The desktop is clean I have tried to run the portable sas on both my clean desktop and infected laptop. the laptop has the fake security center pop up and It will not allow mw to run exe's even in safe mode. The Real Problem here is that SAS portable does not work anymore even on a clean pc. I have AVG rescue cd running on the laptop now and I am sure I can clean it without using SAS but I know that sas does a great job and am disappointed to find the portable app no longer works.

As I said before it is probably just a server issue, some updates can take longer to go through to some servers it depends where in the world you happen to be.

I'm sure someone from SAS dev team will be along with some info to help you understand what is wrong here.