JamesJoey

SuperAntiSpyware Won't Open

Hi. I'm using SuperAntiSpyware Free.When I double click the icon on my desktop the splash screen pops up but the interface doesn't open. The program is listed in Windows Task Manager. I'll wait for a minute or so and no interface. It's only when I right click the icon and select 'Open' does the interface appear.

I can't seem to find a version number, either.

James

If you don't have SUPERAntiSpyware set to start when Windows starts, the first time you double-click the icon it will create the taskbar bug icon as mentioned above, you can then double-click the desktop icon again or do the above and left-click the bug icon.

There is no icon for SuperAntiSpyware in the task bar when I try to open it.

Although I see it listed in Task Manager.

James

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click Preferences, make sure you have "Show SUPERAntiSpyware icon in system tray" checked. When you open the program, a yellow bug icon will appear in the tray.

Where did you download it from ?

Suggest you use the removal tool and then Re-install ? Edit : http://www.superanti...lay.html?faq=47 Uninstall tool.

Also check your Notification area properties for signs of it in there and check it is set to always show.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling didn't help, but I did find something out.

Seems I need to double click the icon twice to open the interface when I have 'Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts' unchecked. When it is checked it's already open. I suspect the free version is not real-time monitoring so I see no reason to start it when Windows starts. Maybe this is by design??

James

Correct the free version is not Real time monitoring that is for Paid/Pro version only as it states on the Home page of the program.

When I run the free version I double click the SAS icon/shortcut, then when the bug icon appears in the notification area (bottom right by the clock) I left click once and the prog opens up fully.

I too have disabled it from start up as I do with all but my AV, that is the only one I need on start up. (aside from Windows progs necessary to the OS).