mountainmike

Scan stopped with blue screen/file dump

I have run the free edition of SAS twice now and the scan has been interrupted with a blue screen and file dump. The scan has also been stopped with the computer freezing. Are there problems created by other anti virus/malware programs competing on my computer that are enabled. I am also running AVAST, Ad-aware, Malwarebytes and Zone Alarm. Do I need to disable them to run SAS?

SAS was previously infected, which I caught with AVAST boot time scan. The issue is supposed to have been resolved.

When this first happened, I removed SAS and re installed it from my original download file in the downloads folder. I updated everything and it was running fine when I got the second blue screen happened.

I have been impressed with SAS finding threats missed by other programs and I would like to continue using SAS.

Hi, I have a similar problem. SuperAntiSpyware Free would BSOD when running a complete scan (everytime around 1min into the scan). The quick scan would run fine. Seems like this happened after I updated Avast6 to Avast7. The BSOD screen says something about aswsp.sys (which is an Avast self protection module?) then reboots and upon restart it would point to a minidump file. Running on Win7 32 bit.

I'm having similar problems. Pro SAS and free Avast, BSOD crashes on a full or critical scan by SAS. I think (but can't be sure) it's been since an Avast upgrade to 7...

I too have had the BSOD- blue screen turn up after running SuperAntispyware. I also have AVAST 7 running. I may have not disabled the AVAST shield the first time I ran SAS, but would that cause a blue screen. The unfortunate thing is I was getting blue screen messages even after completing the SAS scan.

I ran SAS on another older laptop..... same thing. and now that laptop cannot boot properly. Without a doubt on this laptop- the only thing that I did before it stopped booting properly was run SuperAntispyware. what is going on?

I posted to bleeping computer for both laptops and the newer laptop is now being diagnosed with a bad harddrive sector.... could SAS have caused this?

here is the link :

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic449420.html/page__st__15__p__2660860__hl__bsod+superantispyware__fromsearch__1#entry2660860