ButchN

SAS 3.9

Not a question but a HUGE kudos!

Just installed it last night which it has to uninstall the old version (I don't know why you didn't make the installer just update only what was needed) then I had to reenter my activation code.

I was a bit worried since we are only allowed 2 instances of SAS running & I thought I was going to need a code reset, which I didn't.

That said, I am impressed as to what seems to be a much speedier scan with this release. :D

Now if only the maximize button started working... :wink:

Seriously, great job Nick & crew! :mrgreen:

Not a question but a HUGE kudos!

Just installed it last night which it has to uninstall the old version (I don't know why you didn't make the installer just update only what was needed) then I had to reenter my activation code.

I was a bit worried since we are only allowed 2 instances of SAS running & I thought I was going to need a code reset, which I didn't.

That said, I am impressed as to what seems to be a much speedier scan with this release. :D

Now if only the maximize button started working... :wink:

Seriously, great job Nick & crew! :mrgreen:

Thanks for the compliments. The auto-updater in the product will auto-update without re-installing :)

The auto-updater in the product will auto-update without re-installing :)
Not for my install it didn't, it told me I had to uninstall 1st, which it did.

The older version never checked for updates, I always had to do them manually & when I read that the new version was out I clicked check for updates & all I got were new definitions!

I'm guessing your talking about the auto updater in the newer version will do what you say?

The auto-updater in the product will auto-update without re-installing :)
Not for my install it didn't, it told me I had to uninstall 1st, which it did.

The older version never checked for updates, I always had to do them manually & when I read that the new version was out I clicked check for updates & all I got were new definitions!

I'm guessing your talking about the auto updater in the newer version will do what you say?

You have to use the check for updates in the right-click menu - the one on the main program screen only checks for definitions as the text above says :)

You have to use the check for updates in the right-click menu - the one on the main program screen only checks for definitions as the text above says :)

Why is that ? why not do so both check for program updates.? instead of 1 only check for definitions?

Why is that ? why not do so both check for program updates.? instead of 1 only check for definitions?

The one in the right-click menu checks for program updates and definitions, the one on the main screen is s quick check for definitions only.

Well here's one for ya Nick.

On the 2nd machine I have SAS on, (XP is on my spare, Vista is on my main OC, my Notebook) it reads version 3.9.1008, Core 3247, Trace 1258.

When I checked for updates it told me there were none, even though I hadn't checked & updated since May 31st (Remember, this is a spare PC which as you see, isn't used much) & your home page says the current Core is 3269 & Trace is 1280!

Why won't it update?

I am clicking the Check for program & definition updates on the General and startup tab.

Thanks.

Well here's one for ya Nick.

On the 2nd machine I have SAS on, (XP is on my spare, Vista is on my main OC, my Notebook) it reads version 3.9.1008, Core 3247, Trace 1258.

When I checked for updates it told me there were none, even though I hadn't checked & updated since May 31st (Remember, this is a spare PC which as you see, isn't used much) & your home page says the current Core is 3269 & Trace is 1280!

Why won't it update?

I am clicking the Check for program & definition updates on the General and startup tab.

Thanks.

Make sure the Windows Firewall is not one, and that you don't have your Internet Settings, set to "Work offline"

Make sure the Windows Firewall is not one, and that you don't have your Internet Settings, set to "Work offline"
See my reply directly above yours.

See my reply directly above yours.

Sometimes the Windows Firewall is on without users knowing it, that's why I asked.