mugsy

Portable Superantispyware definition database is outdated

Hello,

I have just downloaded portable version. There is an arror saying "Superantispyware definition database is outdated. Please visit www.superantispyware.com and download a new superantispyware tech edition." when I execute it. Am I doing something in a wrong way or is this some bug?

Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance...

I'm having the same issue, any portable scanner downloaded TODAY says it's out of date. I'm trying to scan a computer and can't....help!

Found a work around. Looks like the main file on SAS's server hasn't been updated since 2/3 so today it's timing out. To resolve, set your computer's local clock to 2/9 and run the app.

Hello,

I have just downloaded portable version. There is an arror saying "Superantispyware definition database is outdated. Please visit www.superantispyware.com and download a new superantispyware tech edition." when I execute it. Am I doing something in a wrong way or is this some bug?

Windows 7 64bit.

Thanks in advance...

There must be a problem still as I am still getting this problem even though SAS Customer Service has said that "The portable version is now up-to-date and will be going forward". I have tried downloading and running the latest version 4 times already and everytime that I run the program, I still get the box stating "Superantispyware definition database is outdated. Please visit www.superantispyware.com and download a new superantispyware tech edition." :(

P.S. Like the original poster, I too am running Windows 7 PRO 64bit

It's still broken. Has been since about 2/9/2012. Time to get busy and fix it? Yes I know, "What do you expect for Free?". Question is, how much confidence would I have in the "pay" products. I've seen other "free" products fixed in a matter of an hour or so.

What kind of an answer is "Hopefully it will be sorted out by Monday?" Am I to understand that any malware that makes a debut on a weekend would be ignored until Monday? What about a serious false positive that crashes systems? Can you enlighten me as to what kind of staffing you have in place to correct issues on a 24/7 basis?

Not trying to be unappreciative or overly critical, but these kinds of issues cause a serious lack of confidence in ALL products from a vendor. If you can't support the free stuff properly, don't offer it, since it makes you look bad when you don't.

It was fixed 2/10 but apparently there are more bugs with the new CDN that need to be worked out. The free edition and professional edition are still working properly, it is only the portable version that is having an issue. Critical issues such as an aforementioned false positive are dealt with as soon as we know about them. We are working on ways to release definitions on weekends which has already been discussed on the forum.

The free edition and professional edition are still working properly,

Just a heads up, the free edition is not working. The difinitions on 3 of my desktops show 2/8/12. I tried yesterday and today to update the definitions, but it keeps telling me they are up to date. I found the definition download page and installed the most current version manually. (2/10/12 8230/6042). I'll check again tomorrow, hopefully things will be sorted out.

Wow, I got an email telling me it's working now. Tried it again and it's still broken? Do your support guys actually try it out to see if it's working? Other editions not updating either? Not feeling the warm and fuzzies, guys.

If it was "Fixed 2/10" , How come it's still not working? I had a dog that was fixed, and he lost functionality. Define "Fixed". Please excuse my cynicism, but it remains broken and it appears it's not just the portable edition either. This might be an appropriate response for 4/1, but it isn't April Fool's day yet. Can someone actually try it out and verify that it does work? Make sure you get it from the "web" and not the "Intranet".

Wow, you people are harsh :wink:. I mean, I'm annoyed by this issue too, but there IS a workaround until it's fixed, and we ARE talking about free software here.

I have just tried the portable version and it's all up to date no probs.

What country are you guys in ?

First time user, worked on my VMware testing system, failed on the system I needed it to work on.

It may be free software, well it should be free because it doesnt work. :/

Where are you downloading from, when did you download, and what do you mean by failed?

amwmedia

"Cynical" and "Sarcastic". 8) "Harsh" is a bit tougher. If you can't tell, I'm born and raised on the East Coast of the USA. Can you guess where? Think Attitude! Exactly what is the workaround for the portable edition that you claimed was working? Is using an outdated set of definitions acceptable? I tried rolling the date back on my system and it did not work. Even if it did, the definitions are still out of date.

I just spoke to one of my clients that actually has the paid versions. According to them, they are not updating, but they are still scanning. If the issue still exists Wednesday evening, I'll be there, on site, to take a look.

I just tried the portable download again and no love yet. If it's broken, say so. Don't claim it's fixed when it isn't. The Emperor may have new clothes, but he still looks bare naked to me. If it were me, I'd escalate this issue to a higher priority, sort of like the aforementioned false positive issues.

Files obtained here: https://www.superantispyware.com/index.html and Here: https://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html . Tried three different browsers and cleared temp files before the last attempts. Used different systems and connections too!

Good luck gents! I'll stop in from time to time and see how you are doing. In the meantime, I'm glad I have several alternatives that are still working.

Reinstall with version 5.0.1144:

http://www.superanti...m/download.html

OK. Just installed 5.0.1144 Free Edition on one machine. Since the definitions are updated to most current during install, I'll check to see how things are after the next definition update. Also going to try the portable version on another machine.

-----

EDIT: New desktop version updates just fine. Portable version works as well. Thanks for your help.

Thanks guys,

New versions appear to be working and updating. Now for a few false positives, then we'll be OK. I'll put them through the proper channels when I confirm them. Clients just updated to new versions and they are working fine as well.

Confirmed to be working here also. Now we'll see how it does. :)

I was irritated at first but I'm impressed with response time to my post. Sorry if I was a little put out with that first post.