Sign in to follow this  
slswyoming

how to TRULY UNLOAD SASPro?

I need to install some software (Adobe) and it's telling me to turn off my antivirus software, and knowing Adobe for 20 years, I believe them! There are many times I would like to force SASPro to let go of my memory. The problem is, can't unload SASCORE, it just loads up again. The other day I "exited" because I was working over the internet with a giant database and have only 1/2g of RAM. Right in the middle of a huge cut and paste, the scheduled scan popped up! So don't tell me it does any good at all to just unload SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE.

Do I have UNINSTALL to get your software turned off?

Hi slswyoming ,

Open a Run box by holding the Winkey+R and type "msconfig" without quotes, select start up tab and uncheck SAS from there, you will still be able to use it but it will no longer be on start up which should allow you to run Adobe software.

No, that doesn't work. It's not even listed in my 'startup' tab in msconfig. (unless that's the BLANK LINE there of one routine not identified, hmmm SAS?????)

I've already unloaded it in task manager. I also told it not to load at startup, not to run scheduled scans, and not to do 'real-time' protection. Rebooted, and SASCORE.EXE is still running.

Try looking at your task manager when you think you've unloaded it. Try shutting it down in task manager and watch it pop back up in about 3 seconds.

Ok try Winkey+R and type services.msc, hide all Microsoft services and uncheck SAScore, apply, ok then restart your system, it certainly doesn't run in mine.