P220ST

Run from Safe Mode

This is between a recommendation and a question

Is SAS' First Chance Prevention analogous or different from running Webroot Spy Sweeper from Windows' Safe-Mode?

Please elaborate if you have the time. Thanks!

Take Care,

-P220ST

First Chance Prevention is different from running a scan in safe mode, it is part of your real-time protection. Here's a quoted paragraph from SAS's help, briefly explaining First Chance Prevention;

First Chance Prevention examines over 50 critical points of your system each time your system starts up and shuts down to eliminate threats before they have a chance to infect and infiltrate your system.

On top of all my normal 'scheduled' scans, I run a scan in safe mode once a month with both SAS and my AV, (obviuosly not at the same time!). Probably not necessary as I never have had an infection, but I am a bit of a 'paranoid' PC user and quite set in my ways with these routines.

If you do get an infection scanning in safe mode is usually the best option to get the pest :)

sunniebear,

Thank you for the clarification. It helps.

I must be paranoid as well since I've been running regular sweeps as well from safe mode for the past couple of years (with Spy Sweeper - I'm new to this world) without once uncovering a thing.

And I'll probably keep doing it. :shock:

Take Care,

-P220ST