datasafe

SUPERAntispyware Application has stopped working?

My computer is scheduled to scan each morning at 2am.

For the last few days, each morning I'm greeted with the message:

SUPERAntispyware Application has stopped working

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.

Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is

available.

I don't know what the problem is or how to resolve it.

Any tips would be appreciated.

John

Try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, select a Complete Scan then click on 'Scan Your Computer' - this will open a scan options window. In the lower right corner of this window is an option that says 'Scan Inside Zip Files' - please UNCHECK this. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

I've tried both suggestions above but without success!

Would you suggest uninstalling and then re-installing? If so, where can I find my serial/licence number?

Thanks for your help.

John

I too have the same problem with the Free Edition

I have followed the SAS Customer Service solutions to the problem but to no avail - essentially making the software useless

I also emailed SAS direct with the problem several days ago but have not received a reply

Anyone with a solution? (other than to find another software that works!!!!)

I have been running SuperAntispyware professional for several years without a problem.  Lately I started getting the message "Superantispyware Application has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."  I got the message running under Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.  I tried reinstalling, unchecking and unchecking the zip file box but I still kept getting it.  I checked the boxes "Disable Kernel Direct File Access", "Disable Kernel Direct Registry Access", and "Disable Direct Disk Access."  The scan completed successfully.  My question is, do I now leave the boxes checked or do I uncheck them?