cyndimulligan

Cannot download updates after Professional edition expired

I purchased the Professional edition last year, and now that it's expired (and I don't care to renew) it doesn't download the updates. Instead, a box appears with two options: "Click here to renew," and "Okay," which does nothing but close the box. How do get it to download the updates?

So it still doesn't update automatically? I had purchased it over a year ago and never got it to update automatically and that was why I purchased it. I went to customer support, etc. but it was never worked out. It expired and I never renewed it because of this. I was hoping they had gotten that fixed but from your post, it doesn't sound as if they have. Again, I was thinking of purchasing it but if I'm going to have to continue updating manually, forget it. Thanks for your info!

Automatic updates are part of Professional. If you don't have a valid Professional subscription, you won't be able to auto-update. To enable automatic updates in the Professional version, all you need to do is check the "Automatic Updates" box. By default, it is set to automatically update every 8 hours. You need to have the computer on and be logged in to Windows for it to work.

I purchased the Professional edition last year, and now that it's expired (and I don't care to renew) it doesn't download the updates. Instead, a box appears with two options: "Click here to renew," and "Okay," which does nothing but close the box. How do get it to download the updates?

I guess that I misunderstood the question about updates. Are you referring to definition updates or program updates? I realize that program updates expire with the subscription and telling someone to download the free version to get program updates is sort of weird. Hopefully I would think that definition updates would continue after the subscription has expired? I am at a loss in this posting, would the poster please clarify.? Using the free version you give up real time protection and schedulled scanning? :oops: