robinb9

Scan cannot continue-says computer is logged off

I have a client running Superantispyware Pro version 5.0.1142 on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

After the latest upgrade it is popping up a message that it cannot continue the scan (this is a scheduled scan) due to the computer is logged off.

Only problem, computer is not logged off when this happened the first time.

The second week it was suppose to do a scheduled scan, the computer was logged off with the login screen showing and same message but isn't Superantispyware suppose to do the scan even if you are logged off? because it does this on all the computers I have.

Any ideas on why this is happening. There is nothing in the logs that show this, there is no log for this happening.

robin

For the scheduled scan to work, the following need to be true:

You need to be logged in to Windows.

SUPERAntiSpyware must be running.

The SUPERAntiSpyware main menu must be closed.

your first one makes no sense because, you set it up for a time period to do a scan so if you are not in front of it, it will do a scan, all of the pro versions i have and all of the 40 clients I maintain (because I check the logs to see if superantspyware did scheduled scans) do their scans at the scheduled times. No one sits in front of their computer 24 hours a day, and I would hope everyone has it password protected and most have a screen saver running in the backround, it goes to the login screen when you move the mouse, some have no screen saver going and have the monitor go out after 1 to 2 hours and again when you move the mouse it shows the login screen.

The only way you would not be logged into windows is when the computer is off or when you first boot up and do not login for the first time. That is NOT is what is happening here.

Superantispyware is in the system tray running with no errors on it and is not open. Main menu is closed.

sleep mode is not on- on the computer nor is hibernate

robin

You don't need to be in front of the computer but you do need to be logged in to Windows. SAS does have the ability to wake the computer from sleep to perform the scheduled scan if you have that option enabled.

Computer is logged into Windows and she does have the check mark to wake up the computer from sleep but the computer is not set to even sleep or set to hibernate

robin

It sounds like there is some confusion here between logged out and locked.

Your Windows session is locked when a user is logged in, but a password is required to gain access. You can enter the locked state when your screen saver is password protected, resuming from sleep/hibernate, switching to another user session (without logging out) or pressing control-alt-delete and selecting "Lock this computer". SAS will still execute scheduled tasks if the user session is locked.

When the user is logged out all of the applications for that user are closed/terminated (including SAS) so SAS is unable to scan in any capacity or display any messages/notifications until the user logs back in. When a task was missed because the computer was powered off or the user was logged out a notification will alert the user the next time SAS starts.

If there is a notification/alert about a missed task while the user is logged out (i.e. system login screen), it must be coming from the Windows Task Scheduler or some other software running at the system level. It cannot be coming from SAS.

It sounds like there is some confusion here between logged out and locked.

Your Windows session is locked when a user is logged in, but a password is required to gain access. You can enter the locked state when your screen saver is password protected, resuming from sleep/hibernate, switching to another user session (without logging out) or pressing control-alt-delete and selecting "Lock this computer". SAS will still execute scheduled tasks if the user session is locked.

When the user is logged out all of the applications for that user are closed/terminated (including SAS) so SAS is unable to scan in any capacity or display any messages/notifications until the user logs back in. When a task was missed because the computer was powered off or the user was logged out a notification will alert the user the next time SAS starts.

If there is a notification/alert about a missed task while the user is logged out (i.e. system login screen), it must be coming from the Windows Task Scheduler or some other software running at the system level. It cannot be coming from SAS.

Microsoft security essentials is set to do a weekly scan and there is no message popping up that the computer is logged off and there is no message in event viewer that shows this either, and it is doing its weekly scan as scheduled.

The only thing that is happening is when idle after 15 minutes of no use the computer is going to the main login screen. This is a business computer and is made like any other business computer to log off when not in use so no one can get into the computer unless of course it has the password.

I have 5 business computers running superantispyware pro and they all have the same log off for security and superantispyware pro does its weekly scans, I have 40 client computers that i maintain monthly, none of them have anything to do with each other and they are all set up the same way using superantispyware pro and they do the weekly scans also.

So I have no idea why this one is coming up saying this. This is a windows 7 pro 64bit brand new computer with no other problems but this one.

There is nothing in event viewer showing a problem so something is causing superantispyware to not do the weekly scans

Any suggestions where to look? otherwise i am going to uninstall the program and reinstall and see if that fixes it

robin