Shanks

Windows - No disk Exception error

I have SAS pro installed and set to complete a full system scan weekly. The last two scans have stopped with a windows error stating

Windows - No Disk Eception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c

and the options of cancel, try again or continue

I have found that by pressing continue 4 or 5 times the error closes and the scan finishes as normal.

I did search and find a similar message abourt missing disks but not the mesage I am getting above. I have checked for updates and it says there are none available.

Has anyone got any suggestions to enable me run a full scan uninterupted?

Thanks

I have SAS pro installed and set to complete a full system scan weekly. The last two scans have stopped with a windows error stating

Windows - No Disk Eception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c

and the options of cancel, try again or continue

I have found that by pressing continue 4 or 5 times the error closes and the scan finishes as normal.

I did search and find a similar message abourt missing disks but not the mesage I am getting above. I have checked for updates and it says there are none available.

Has anyone got any suggestions to enable me run a full scan uninterupted?

Thanks

Do you have a removable drive that you recently removed the media from and there might be shortcuts still pointing to those items?

Following up on SAS' post, do you have an external HDD or external card reader? If so, is it USB, firewire, eSATA or not sure? Do you remember in that last good week before the 1st bad scan:

1. anyone shutting down the computer with a card, like from a camera or whatever in one of the "slots", especially after:

**a. uninstalling Norton Anti-virus and/or

**b. installing, patching or just running Norton Ghost?

2. Which Windows OS (operating system) were you using?

I'm no computer whiz, just a doctor. I mean, in case your appendix is bursting or anything like that - that I can definitely help out with. But back to reality, the only reason I'm interrupting SAS is because this story of yours is bringing back memories. Might just be a coincidence and probably is. But anyway . . .

-P220ST

Thanks for the responses, and I'm sorry I should have given some more information at the start. I'm running XP Professional SP2 with all the current updates and patches completed.

I have never had any Norton products on this pc, although I do have a flashcard reader run from a usb port. Nothing has changed in the setup and the drive does not usually have a card left in. I use it only to copy over photo images and the card goes straight back to the camera afterwards.

When SAS stops with this error the pc still functions well and it has no affect on any other programme either running at the time or started while SAS has stopped.

Thanks for the suggestions so far, and P220ST if i get any sudden sharp pains in the stomach would you like me start a new thead or can i just add to this one for assistance :lol:

To be more specific: While SAS is scanning, a window appears that is titled: Windows - No Disk. Inside the window, it says "Exception Processing Message c0000013 Parameters 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c 75b6bf9c". Does anyone know what this means? I see others have received the same message. I think I had the option to retry, continue or something else which escapes me now. I never had this message until I installed a new printer and all of it's accompanying software. The printer is a Canon PIXMA MX700. I haven't tried most of the software yet. The printer appears to work fine, also the copier. I ran my antivirus software without any problem. I also checked my hard drive with software distributed by Seagate with no errors.

Is SAS still operating correctly, or should I uninstall it? It is the only software that indicates the problem. Maybe there is a conflict between SAS and the Canon software.

Any help will be appreciated. Sincerely,

Ken