hrm911

spam/spoof

I think someone is sending out messages from your forum that have nothing to do with your software. I got a meesage on your forum not requested and not wanted. Do you have somewhere to report that kind of message?

Hi hrm911,

I too have received not only a PM here on this site, but also an email which was sent to my private email address, supposedly from forum@SUPERAntiSpyware.com. (That was what was shown in the FROM line in the email). I have sent a PM to an Admin here about this, and asking HOW is it the Russian cretin (using the forum name of SexMailz) who sent this offensive PM & email was able to obtain my private email address from this site...when I specifically have my settings set to HIDE my email address?

Hi hrm911,

I too have received not only a PM here on this site, but also an email which was sent to my private email address, supposedly from forum@SUPERAntiSpyware.com. (That was what was shown in the FROM line in the email). I have sent a PM to an Admin here about this, and asking HOW is it the Russian cretin (using the forum name of SexMailz) who sent this offensive PM & email was able to obtain my private email address from this site...when I specifically have my settings set to HIDE my email address?

I too got the PM notification in my private E-mail because the PM settings are set to do so ( Notify me when I receive a new personal conversation ). The spammer did not get your HIDE Private E-Mail. The problem lays in how the spammer managed to send the PMs to all of us and SAS Forum did not catch it on time.

Regards.

I also got this notification. I went into my account settings then Notification Options and checked "Hide my email address from other members" and "Disable my personal messenger."

I also got a PM by SexMailz, seems he/she hit the entire forum membership.

Is there an option to not accept PMs by anyone other than admins/mods?

What I'd like to see is an option to report this kind of messages without having to actually open them.

I also got a PM by SexMailz, seems he/she hit the entire forum membership.

Is there an option to not accept PMs by anyone other than admins/mods?

What I'd like to see is an option to report this kind of messages without having to actually open them.

This has happened before but just seemed to be a one off occurence.

Hopefully it will be the same this time.

Right.

I got the notice in my email.

same thing and my email addy is hidden too

robin