nfs_champ

sending hidden data

hello

superantispyware looked promising to me, so i tried it. but before i go on trying your product, i have a question.

i use kaspersky 7 and kaspersky tells me that superantispyware does "hidden data sending". please explain me, what is going on there. thx.

hello

superantispyware looked promising to me, so i tried it. but before i go on trying your product, i have a question.

i use kaspersky 7 and kaspersky tells me that superantispyware does "hidden data sending". please explain me, what is going on there. thx.

SUPERAntiSpyware does no "hidden data sending" - what exactly is KIS indicating we are sending?

there is nothing said about any content, there is a popup from kis 7 that tells me that superantispyware was reported because of the behavior of "hidden data sending". kis classifies this as possible risky software.

the updates still work, otherwise i would have assumed that it has something to do with the update as it happens mostly at boot time. sometimes after that "problem" there is a white square left over at the right bottom with no chance to get rid of it. the square vanishes when i close superantispyware and start it again.

the translation of the kis detail messages:

"the process superantispyware.exe tries to send data by use of a trusted application."

if you want to try it on your own to verify it, i use xp sp2 with kis 7.0.0.119. both german (so please excuse my english).

there is nothing said about any content, there is a popup from kis 7 that tells me that superantispyware was reported because of the behavior of "hidden data sending". kis classifies this as possible risky software.

the updates still work, otherwise i would have assumed that it has something to do with the update as it happens mostly at boot time. sometimes after that "problem" there is a white square left over at the right bottom with no chance to get rid of it. the square vanishes when i close superantispyware and start it again.

the translation of the kis detail messages:

"the process superantispyware.exe tries to send data by use of a trusted application."

if you want to try it on your own to verify it, i use xp sp2 with kis 7.0.0.119. both german (so please excuse my english).

Spotted this on the Kaspersky forum earlier this evening, the recommendation is to add this to your 'Trusted Zone'.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=cfedecd05d927c3cee45617f3f8196fe&showtopic=40378

ok, i will put it in the trusted zone.

but this still does not explain, what is going on. sorry if i look a bit paranoid, but i would like to know what is going on and what software does on my computer.

ok, i will put it in the trusted zone.

but this still does not explain, what is going on. sorry if i look a bit paranoid, but i would like to know what is going on and what software does on my computer.

Kaspersky is flagging us checking for definition updates most likley and our window may not be visible at the time so it thinks we are sending "hidden" data.