darthsideous666

Response to Recent Reviews

Nick,

I am sure that you are aware of the recent reviews of SAS Pro, by both, PC Magazine and Tech Support Alert. I was wondering if you are preparing an upcoming response in your Blog about these reviews and the testing methods used. Either way, you have my continued support and I hope you guys keep up the hard work and continue to improve on SAS.

What the reviews don't say is that you will get world class customer support from SAS. If you get infected, you can come to this forum and it's like having your very own IT guy. That's hard to beat.

Nick...There are claims on another security forum that Ian "Gizmo" Richards only writes good reviews for those that pay him to do so.

So, did he try to get any money out of you?

Nick...There are claims on another security forum that Ian "Gizmo" Richards only writes good reviews for those that pay him to do so.

That wouldn't surprise me.

...and PC Mag is notorious for writing great reviews for their advertisers products, but gives low marks to those that don't pay them.

Nick, want to see a really good review of SAS from PC Mag? Start running a full page ad for it.

I am preparing "official" responses, they will be available shortly.

Nick...Any idea whent hese responses will be out? I am anxious to see your counter as well as if the reviewers choose to respond.

I am preparing "official" responses, they will be available shortly.

Nick...Any idea whent hese responses will be out? I am anxious to see your counter as well as if the reviewers choose to respond.

I have been busy with our product development, I will be writing these shortly - please only post in one section regarding the same subject.

Should I infer that when you say the response will be out "shortly", that this is your way of saying that you don't know when it will out?

I'm not trying at all to bust your chops in the last, just looking for a more specific answer. You answered the original post by saying that the response would be out shortly. Then you answered the follow up to that with the exact same answer, giving me absolutely zero additional information than I already had.

Personally, I think it's perfectly acceptable to say that you don't know when the response will be released. If nothing else, it's honest.

Should I infer that when you say the response will be out "shortly", that this is your way of saying that you don't know when it will out?

I'm not trying at all to bust your chops in the last, just looking for a more specific answer. You answered the original post by saying that the response would be out shortly. Then you answered the follow up to that with the exact same answer, giving me absolutely zero additional information than I already had.

Personally, I think it's perfectly acceptable to say that you don't know when the response will be released. If nothing else, it's honest.

I don't give target dates on product releases, nor review resposes, as things change fast in the software industry - the responses will be available this month.