Sign in to follow this  
olddude

What's up with............

On the SUPERAntiSpyware menue page there is a box on the left hand part of the page near the bottom that says find out what's running on your computer. I have spent days trying to get this add on installed so I can run it. It down loads but it will not install because a box keeps popping up saying the file is corrupt. What do I have to do to get this to run?

On the SUPERAntiSpyware menue page there is a box on the left hand part of the page near the bottom that says find out what's running on your computer. I have spent days trying to get this add on installed so I can run it. It down loads but it will not install because a box keeps popping up saying the file is corrupt. What do I have to do to get this to run?

The Firefox add-on is currently out-of-date and will not work. You can go to What's Running in IE and it will work.

The Firefox add-on is currently out-of-date and will not work. You can go to What's Running in IE and it will work.

Oh! I never thought about trying it in IE because I hardly ever use it any more. Thanks for your help. Now if I could find out why it takes so long for Superantispyware to start up, and download updates things would be all good. :lol: I have been using this program for years and it seems like it has gotten worst over the past couple years. I have to click the program icon several times to get the program to start. when I click it, it looks like it is going to start but won't start until I click it a second or third time. Then it looks like it takes forever to get the updates.....well let me back up, it gets the updates fairly quickly but it takes a really long time to install them once they are down loaded. Could that maybe be a Firefox thing also. If it was any other program but my Superantispyware I would have taken it off my computer by now but this is truly one of the best if not the best antispyware program out today. I really like it a lot.

Oh! I never thought about trying it in IE because I hardly ever use it any more. Thanks for your help. Now if I could find out why it takes so long for Superantispyware to start up, and download updates things would be all good. :lol: I have been using this program for years and it seems like it has gotten worst over the past couple years. I have to click the program icon several times to get the program to start. when I click it, it looks like it is going to start but won't start until I click it a second or third time. Then it looks like it takes forever to get the updates.....well let me back up, it gets the updates fairly quickly but it takes a really long time to install them once they are down loaded. Could that maybe be a Firefox thing also. If it was any other program but my Superantispyware I would have taken it off my computer by now but this is truly one of the best if not the best antispyware program out today. I really like it a lot.

Do you have SUPERAntiSpyware set to start automatically with Windows or are you manually starting it? If you try to open SUPERAntiSpyware (or any application) before Windows fully loads, it will lag. Nothing to do with Firefox.

Do you have SUPERAntiSpyware set to start automatically with Windows or are you manually starting it? If you try to open SUPERAntiSpyware (or any application) before Windows fully loads, it will lag. Nothing to do with Firefox.

No I have it set to manually start. I run the program once a week or when I suspect something is going on. when I run a scan I always update before I do and it seems like since I upgraded to professional it seems to take a very long time to do it's thing. I switched it to manual because when I had it on Automatic it would do the same thing only when I didn't want it to.....every time I would load windows it would seem to lock up and I would have to sit and wait until it finished it's thing.

No I have it set to manually start. I run the program once a week or when I suspect something is going on. when I run a scan I always update before I do and it seems like since I upgraded to professional it seems to take a very long time to do it's thing. I switched it to manual because when I had it on Automatic it would do the same thing only when I didn't want it to.....every time I would load windows it would seem to lock up and I would have to sit and wait until it finished it's thing.

You might want to try enabling "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" and disable "Show splash screen on startup" and under start-up scanning choose "Do not scan when SUPERAntiSpyware starts." Then double click the "bug" icon in your system tray if you want to open SAS.

You might want to try enabling "Start SUPERAntiSpyware when Windows starts" and disable "Show splash screen on startup" and under start-up scanning choose "Do not scan when SUPERAntiSpyware starts." Then double click the "bug" icon in your system tray if you want to open SAS.

Thanks I will try that and see what happens. Also this may sound like a dumb question but how do you go to 'what's running in IE?

Right-click that link, choose "Copy Link Location", then paste it into the IE Browser bar.

Thanks! I finally figured it out. I tried it like you said but I kept getting a error on the page message so I went to the site and downloaded it off the site using IE and it worked. Thanks for the help and putting up with the dumb questions.LOL