blackmirror

sas using high cpu

me too...i cant even browse the internet when quick scan is running.

worse thing is after scanning i received program error (stop) message.

i'm running NOD32, Jetico Firewall and Spywareblaster.

If you disable the other security products do you still have the problem? (as a test)

i turn OFF all my security program and still i get BSOD. let me know where can i send dump files.

If you disable the other security products do you still have the problem? (as a test)

i turn OFF all my security program and still i get BSOD. let me know where can i send dump files.

The dumps won't be of any use at this point - have you tried simply re-installing?

Nick,

Let me know if you don't want me responding...

The BSOD may be caused by something as simple as errors on the hard drive which can be cleared up by running chkdsk /r from Start>Run. If a scanner is trying to read a file that's in a bad sector of the drive, that may account for the BSOD. What is the full BSOD error code?

BTW-Try Nick's suggestion first.

Nick,

Let me know if you don't want me responding...

The BSOD may be caused by something as simple as errors on the hard drive which can be cleared up by running chkdsk /r from Start>Run. If a scanner is trying to read a file that's in a bad sector of the drive, that may account for the BSOD. What is the full BSOD error code?

BTW-Try Nick's suggestion first.

I always like other users to help out - that's what the forum is for, everyone has knowledge!

The dumps won't be of any use at this point - have you tried simply re-installing?

i try to un-install/re-install the program.

same result.

BSOD

i installed again SAS Pro but never update yet.

scared of BSOD.

i'll wait for stable program.

scared of BSOD.

I think it's very stable.

I use Vista Ultimate & SAS works fine, no BSOD, no lock ups, nothing bad at all.

I think it's a bit slower than it should be by not having to scan all files, just scan the common ones that get the infectious "hits", but it does work great, never crashes & finds more than other programs.

I'm sticking with it & love this program so much that in <2 mos when my Spy DR. subscription expires, I'll not be renewing it.

scared of BSOD.

I think it's very stable.

I use Vista Ultimate & SAS works fine, no BSOD, no lock ups, nothing bad at all.

I think it's a bit slower than it should be by not having to scan all files, just scan the common ones that get the infectious "hits", but it does work great, never crashes & finds more than other programs.

I'm sticking with it & love this program so much that in <2 mos when my Spy DR. subscription expires, I'll not be renewing it.

good for you.

dont get me wrong i like the product but this few days i experienced BSOD when using quick scan of SAS Pro.

also i noticed when using the internet with SAS doing scanning...my internet is very very slow its like using Norton AV :lol:

also i noticed when using the internet with SAS doing scanning...my internet is very very slow its like using Norton AV :lol:
I suggest never use the net, while scanning.

Reason, every site you visit is gonna set a cookie & if your looking to clean up tracking cookies, you won't since the scan will most likely have passed the point when the cookies will be placed.

When I scan I have nothing running in the background, set it to full scan then walk away while I'm doing something else for the 1/2 hour so it takes to do the full scan.

Reason, every site you visit is gonna set a cookie & if your looking to clean up tracking cookies, you won't since the scan will most likely have passed the point when the cookies will be placed.

When I scan I have nothing running in the background, set it to full scan then walk away while I'm doing something else for the 1/2 hour so it takes to do the full scan.

thanks for suggestion. but my major concern is frequent BSOD when running SAS pro.

for now i let SAS guard my computer (enable real time) without using scan :cry:

thanks for suggestion. but my major concern is frequent BSOD when running SAS pro.

Vaioman,

If you uninstall then reinstall SAS and the problem persists, that would be indicative of a problem on your computer. The problem may be bad ram, errors on the hard drive, or too many programs starting when Windows starts.

Don't be worried about the BSOD, it's there to help you. It's not going to hurt your computer. I would really like to see the full error code for the BSOD, as it will show the issue with your computer that may become even more of a problem unless you address it.

Vaioman,

If you uninstall then reinstall SAS and the problem persists, that would be indicative of a problem on your computer. The problem may be bad ram, errors on the hard drive, or too many programs starting when Windows starts.

Don't be worried about the BSOD, it's there to help you. It's not going to hurt your computer. I would really like to see the full error code for the BSOD, as it will show the issue with your computer that may become even more of a problem unless you address it.

thanks seth.

how can i get the full error code for the BSOD? i have dump files, this will show whats wrong in my computer?

how can i know if i have bad ram or error on the hard disk? this laptop is only 4mos old, i can request the manufacturer about my warranty if i have Ram problem.

my last scan using SAS i don't have any program running, and still i got an error.

Vaio,

Are you running XP or Vista?

A BSOD often includes an error code that looks something like this:

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Does your BSOD have an error code with a description?

I would also try SAS in Safe Mode.

BTW-Are you familiar with the Event Viewer?

Vaio,

Are you running XP or Vista?

A BSOD often includes an error code that looks something like this:

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Does your BSOD have an error code with a description?

I would also try SAS in Safe Mode.

BTW-Are you familiar with the Event Viewer?

i just remember something like this Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area (i read this error description in other forum)

i run SAS scan at saf mode with no error. i've never try yet to run SAS scan in normal mode, iam still worried might experience BSOD :lol:

i'm not familiar with event viewer.

Hi Seth,

I browse my event viewer and found out this under Audit Failure. almost everyday i have this failure.

-

-

0x8010000000000000

Security

Federic-PC

-

\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASENUM.SYS

Thank you so much for hijacking my problem :D

Sorry BM. You hadn't responded in a few days so I just continued with Vaioman. I see he has started a thread of his own.

Did you try the previous suggestions I gave you?