Sign in to follow this  
MikeSr

Unexpected error -

All of a sudden, when I scan my computer, I repeatedly get "SAS had an unexpected error" and asks if I want to submit it, I say yes and givemy email address.

I have not heard anything from anyone about this error.

I have uninstall/re-installed SAS Pro without success.

I have the latest build and have never had any problems in the past. The threats that appear are from Google Chrome and I cannot delete them. I am wondering if this is a google chrome issue with SAS Pro?

Anyone else?

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks...Mike

All of a sudden, when I scan my computer, I repeatedly get "SAS had an unexpected error" and asks if I want to submit it, I say yes and givemy email address.

I have not heard anything from anyone about this error.

I have uninstall/re-installed SAS Pro without success.

I have the latest build and have never had any problems in the past. The threats that appear are from Google Chrome and I cannot delete them. I am wondering if this is a google chrome issue with SAS Pro?

Anyone else?

Any ideas how to fix?

Thanks...Mike

Hi Mike,

A couple things to try:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, select a Complete Scan then click on 'Scan Your Computer' - this will open a scan options window. In the lower right corner of this window is an option that says 'Scan Inside Zip Files' - please UNCHECK this. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

Hi Mike,

A couple things to try:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, select a Complete Scan then click on 'Scan Your Computer' - this will open a scan options window. In the lower right corner of this window is an option that says 'Scan Inside Zip Files' - please UNCHECK this. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

If that doesn't fix it, try this:

Open SUPERAntiSpyware, click on Preferences, go to the Scanning Control tab, and then UNCHECK the 2nd to last, 3rd to last, and 4th to last options in the list -- they will be named 'Kernel Direct File', 'Kernel Direct Registry' and 'Direct Disk'. Please UNCHECK these. Exit SUPERAntiSpyware by right-clicking the bug icon and clicking "Exit," then restart it and run a scan.

Well, I tried everything you told me to do, but no success. Still get unexpected error window....

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Mike

1.  Are you doing a complete scan?  I don't think you get the unexpected error with a quick scan.

2.  Do you have a large drive hooked up? 

Try scanning without the large drive.  I would scan that separately from a regular complete scan.