bod62uk

Uninstalling superantispyware

Hi All,

My name is Stephen.

I'm new to this group.

I have been trying to uninstall superantispyware.

I prevented everything from starting up before uninstalling and cleared all non essential processes before I use add/remove.

After uninstalling and rebooting,

I cannot delete C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware because of a worrying dll called "SASCTXMN.DLL"

Doesn't matter what I do to remove it even tried safe boot!

The error is that it's being used by something else.

I'm uninstalling because I think the speed that this product scans at is way to slow.

It's a real bugger as I have not long reformatted and reinstalled windows XP Pro.

My PC is A very old Pentium III 600mhz with 256 RAM

Hope this product hasn't buggered up the ole thing?

Or I will be deeply pee'd off.

Any advice welcomed before I reformat.

Thanks.

In my opinion, you're making a big mistake by uninstalling SAS. SAS is one of the best (if not the best) antimalware applications on the market.

Scanning time is generally indicative of the scanners thoroughness. My lowest spec computer is a 1.2 GHZ with 256MB of ram. When SAS is scanning, I barely notice any performance degradation.

Do you use the Quick or Full scan, and how long does each take?

BTW-See this thread:

https://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=713

I take it this software will not uninstall.

Thats really bad...because in a nutshell this program is hijacking PC's.

I bet somwhere along the line this program has spyware of its own.

If it doesn't uninstall then it's not fit to be put out for the public to download.

It's Slow..and quite frankly doesn't work.

Useless piece of junk and I will state so in all the forums and download sites that I can until I get this crap removed from my system.

Infact..sod it I'm going to reformat and reinstall.

DO NOT INSTALL THIS ANTISPYWARE PROGRAM, IT'S UNTRUSTWORTHY!

People are installing it because of the silly name except "who dares loses"

SAS

Silly Ass Software.

Goodbye.

If it doesn't uninstall then it's not fit to be put out for the public to download.

Useless piece of junk and I will state so in all the forums and download sites that I can until I get this crap removed from my system.

SAS

Silly Ass Software.

Goodbye.

You haven't got a clue about what you're talking about.

All knowledgeable techs that I know now recommend SAS and is the first tool they use for disinfecting a system. More and more professional malware removal sites are recommending SAS and insisting that it be run before a HijackThis log.

On a daily basis I clean out highly infected systems with SAS that are running Norton, Mcafee, AVG Free, Ad-Aware, and Spybot.

Reinstall it and then uninstall from add/remove programs . That should work .

IMO it would be better to ask questions before a mistake on your part is mistaken as a problem with SAS .

I have been using SAS for quite some time now and can verify that it is not spyware and out of all the high end antispyware applications it drains system resources less than any of them .

For the record SAS could use a start/all programs uninstaller shortcut .

SAS

Silly Ass Software.

Goodbye.

I have been using SAS for over a month now and I have been very pleased with it primarily because, with real-time monitoring enabled, I can feel absolutely no difference to the performance of the PC, which is a first for any anti-spyware program in real-time that I have ever used. A full system scan may take a bit longer than some other programs, but it's very thorough, which is more important than a flash lightning scan time. I can still work away whilst SAS is scanning if needed, but generally I run the scans when I am not going to be at the PC.

I had an issue after doing my last program upgrade from 3.6 to 3.7, which was to do with UAC in Vista. I uninstalled and reinstalled the program a few times whilst troubleshooting this and finally got it sorted. Each uninstall during this troubleshooting was quite clean, with no problems at all.

SAS is TRUSTWORTHY. I put this program on a clean machine and the first scan was what I expected CLEAN. I also have a few other on-demand scanners on board and none have ever picked up anything ontoward with any of SAS's files either.

I have also used SAS to clean an infected machine and believe you me it does work. :D

All software behaves differently in different machine environments, you personally have had a bad experience on your machine. This does not make SAS 'Silly Ass Software'. :wink:

SAS

Silly Ass Software.

Goodbye.

You are welcome to your opinion. If our product were not good, we wouldn't have over a million links in Google and millions of happy users.

You can uninstall via the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs - if there is a problem, re-install and then immediately uninstall.