jadda

Interface

Hi all!

What about freshing up the interface? Get some better looks?

It's nice if it could be smoother. I love your product, but it must be nice to look on too. Almost every products these days have a nice interface - Vista style or something. It doesn't need like much colors, but maybe just a fresh stylish white background with matching buttons.

You have like 1998 looks now.

But don't misjugde me, your product is fantastic! It takes all the spyware out there :)

Keep up the good work.

Just my guess: You will have to wait till version 4

SAS is still busy improving this excellent program.

I personally don't care about the interface, I see it a few seconds daily only :)

Gerard

Thank you for your reply :) Yeah, most people don't look at the interface so much, but it's still good to have something that looks good and not old. Like the Windows 2000. Really good OS maybe the best, but it's old and looks ugly. Same as SAS :)

Thank you for your reply :) Yeah, most people don't look at the interface so much, but it's still good to have something that looks good and not old. Like the Windows 2000. Really good OS maybe the best, but it's old and looks ugly. Same as SAS :)

I respect your opinion, but by using a standard Windows Interface and following Microsoft Design specs, we have less issues with users not understanding how to use our software as everything behaves as other applications do in Windows - that is the whole purpose behind Windows to have consistency among applications.

I personally believe that all of the "non-windows" interfaces of other applications can lead to confusion amongst the users.

I respect your opinion, but by using a standard Windows Interface and following Microsoft Design specs, we have less issues with users not understanding how to use our software as everything behaves as other applications do in Windows - that is the whole purpose behind Windows to have consistency among applications.

I personally believe that all of the "non-windows" interfaces of other applications can lead to confusion amongst the users.

I agree with you that your interface is easy and very easy to navigate on. Maybe it's just me, but I love products that looks good. I'm the guy that gets happy to see some light colors and smooth design.

But don't get me wrong. Your product is very good. it's the only AntiSpyware I feel takes all the spyware! Respect to that!

SuperAntiSpy! I have a simple question to you. I hope you read this :)

You know the 'Google Pack' thing you can download from Google that has many softwares inside? In that pack you get a software from Pc Tools: Spyware Doctor Starter Edition.. And I've seen in the interface that they have a picture of a little beetle - the same SuperAntiSpyware has in the system tray. Have they stoled it from you? It's the exactly same beetle! :D

Thanks.

jadda,

Welcome to the forums.

While I agree with much of what you have said in this post, if I were a betting man, I'd wager that Nick is not going to change the interface anytime in the near future. He has said so here and on other forums often. Besides, when you have one of the best programs for the tough removals of malware and like the interface; no change is necessary.

I hope that Nick continually revisits the interface issue that some users have; wanting some sort of glamorization. Coloring it up, rounding it off or... Keeping the layout the same but with added pizazz may be attractive to users but not as much as doing it's job well.

In the long run, making SAS the best is all that really matters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with "old school." If the programs works, it works.

jadda,

Welcome to the forums.

While I agree with much of what you have said in this post, if I were a betting man, I'd wager that Nick is not going to change the interface anytime in the near future. He has said so here and on other forums often. Besides, when you have one of the best programs for the tough removals of malware and like the interface; no change is necessary.

I hope that Nick continually revisits the interface issue that some users have; wanting some sort of glamorization. Coloring it up, rounding it off or... Keeping the layout the same but with added pizazz may be attractive to users but not as much as doing it's job well.

In the long run, making SAS the best is all that really matters. There is absolutely nothing wrong with "old school." If the programs works, it works.

Hi munckman and thanks for the reply!

Yes, I agree with all of you about how good and easy the program is with the 'original' windows interface. And I agree it's very easy to navigate in the menu. It's easy to find what you are looking for and so on.

So since the program is so good and is so popular, I agree with - why change stuff that already works well? :)

To focus on the scanningengine, detections, resourcers the software uses is more important.

So thanks you all for the replies! Keep up the good work and stay away from spyware :wink:

I agree as well that it would be nice to have a new fresh interface but this is way in the bottom of the priorities I ask to a program, expecially if it a security one.

However it is also true that other antispyware, just to name one of them ST, use the graphic interface to catch many users...

Even though I use XP Pro I disable all of the visual styles so that it looks like Windows 2000. SAS blends in nicely and it reminds me of MSCONFIG or System Properties when I use it. I rarely see the interface, so even if it was "pretty" like Spyware Doctor it wouldn't make a difference to me. To each his own, right?

Most of the rogue anti-spyware apps have a nice looking GUI to lure in unsavvy users. :wink:

My only suggestion for a graphical improvement would be to redesign the SAS company logo and use a different font. It looks like a 3rd grader designed it in MS Paint. The desktop icon has a lot of aliasing. A skilled designer could accomplish this task in less than 1 hour including multiple revisions. NVIDIA and Intel (maybe others) redesigned their company logos within the last 12 months. Nick, are you listening? :wink:

Even though I use XP Pro I disable all of the visual styles so that it looks like Windows 2000. SAS blends in nicely and it reminds me of MSCONFIG or System Properties when I use it. I rarely see the interface, so even if it was "pretty" like Spyware Doctor it wouldn't make a difference to me. To each his own, right?

Most of the rogue anti-spyware apps have a nice looking GUI to lure in unsavvy users. :wink:

My only suggestion for a graphical improvement would be to redesign the SAS company logo and use a different font. It looks like a 3rd grader designed it in MS Paint. The desktop icon has a lot of aliasing. A skilled designer could accomplish this task in less than 1 hour including multiple revisions. NVIDIA and Intel (maybe others) redesigned their company logos within the last 12 months. Nick, are you listening? :wink:

Everyone has their own opinions. Our logos and interface will be staying as-is for now.

sas-main-menu.png

Hi, since I use SAS I'm asking myself why there are these buttons in the bottom of the main menu.

BACK: If I've started nothing I can't go back. It has no function at all.

NEXT: It always starts the scan, but the big scan button is already there

so IMO it's needless and confusing a bit.

CANCEL: If I've started nothing what should I cancel?

Making 'Close" (this menu) would be better.

:)

I fully agree with brunoe66. I believe it's an easy change.

The other buttons may appear if the user is running a foreign language version of Windows - is that the case here?