Weyrmaster

SUPERAntiSpyware vs Microsoft's Latest and Greatest

:x

I have been using the new Microsoft Windows Live OneCare and Windows Defender for the PC internet security. My PC began acting like it had a virus, but repeated scans by OneCare, Defender, and the Malicious Software Removal Tool; showed no viruses, spyware, or threats of any kind. I downloaded the trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Software today. Using the Complete Scan option, SUPERAntiSpyware found 138 threats, including 19 viruses and/or trojans, and 119 pieces of spyware!!! And that was immediately after completing a Complete scan using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool that found no threats at all. Which was preceeding by both OneCare and Defender scans. Microsoft's Software scans took nearly 15 hours, an entire day wasted when I could have been doing homework. I'll be replacing Microsoft's Crapware with SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, WinPatrol, and AVG.

Maybe Microsoft should stick to OS's (although Vista sucks, don't waste your money on it.), and word processing software.

:x

I have been using the new Microsoft Windows Live OneCare and Windows Defender for the PC internet security. My PC began acting like it had a virus, but repeated scans by OneCare, Defender, and the Malicious Software Removal Tool; showed no viruses, spyware, or threats of any kind. I downloaded the trial version of SUPERAntiSpyware Software today. Using the Complete Scan option, SUPERAntiSpyware found 138 threats, including 19 viruses and/or trojans, and 119 pieces of spyware!!! And that was immediately after completing a Complete scan using Microsoft's Malicious Software Removal Tool that found no threats at all. Which was preceeding by both OneCare and Defender scans. Microsoft's Software scans took nearly 15 hours, an entire day wasted when I could have been doing homework. I'll be replacing Microsoft's Crapware with SUPERAntiSpyware Pro, WinPatrol, and AVG.

Maybe Microsoft should stick to OS's (although Vista sucks, don't waste your money on it.), and word processing software.

Thanks for the compliments. It's hard for any company to catch everything on a given day and Microsoft has to be more cautious with their spyware definitions.

Weyrmaster,

Check this thread out:

https://forums.superantispyware.com/viewtopic.php?t=760

Forgot about AVG, I disinfect more systems that run AVG Free Antivirus than any other antimalware application...(even Norton and Mcafee). SAS Pro's prevention and removal are leagues beyond AVG.

I'll give you an analogy:

You're trying to protect the main entrance to your house. You install a steel door (SAS), then for further protection you install a screen door (AVG).

Weyrmaster,

Forgot about AVG, I disinfect more systems that run AVG Free Antivirus than any other antimalware application

Did the poster mean AVG Free AntiVirus?

Gerard

Weyrmaster,

Forgot about AVG, I disinfect more systems that run AVG Free Antivirus than any other antimalware application

Did the poster mean AVG Free AntiVirus?

Gerard

Good point.

With the acquisition of Ewido, Grisoft now has a confusing array of Antivirus, Antimalware, and AntiSpyware.

I believe that Grisoft's "Antispyware" is actually Ewido, and Ewido was a very effective application.

I was referring to Grisoft's AntiVirus.