vaioman

Question about SAS Pro.

first, whenever i visited some website, i received warning from my internet security (PC-cillin) that i attempted to open a dangerous website, just want to ask how SAS Pro do some work whenever i opened dangerous (spyware) website?

second question, i received some recommendation that it's not advisable to run two firewall software in my laptop because theres 99% probability of conflict....how about two spyware software (i.e. PC-cillin and SAS Pro) running in my laptop, is there a problem that might result in conflit. Conflict = but not limited to: slow computer, slow internet, driver crashes leading to BSODs, other unexplainable issues, and so on, so forth.

third question, i try to run SAS Pro scan and PC-cillin scan...both of them catch 8 suspected spyware. but initially i have 109spyware catched by SAS Pro compare to 38spyware scanned by PC-cillin.... is it better to give responsibility of spyware scanning to my SAS pro and let my PC-cillin handle the virus scanning.

fourth question, is there anyway i can increase the automatic checking of new update for example every 30minutes or 1hour automatic checking instead of 8 hours which is toooo long for me in checking the update? because my experience is, my friend installed free SAS and i have SAS Pro but when we check the update his SAS (free) is more updated compare to my SAS Pro....anyway i can do manual update but i want to change the automatic update time to 30minutes or 1hour just to keep my SAS Pro more updated. i run my computer almost 15hours a day so 30minutes or 1hour checking of latest update is more advisable.

thanks and appreciate your answer.

first, whenever i visited some website, i received warning from my internet security (PC-cillin) that i attempted to open a dangerous website, just want to ask how SAS Pro do some work whenever i opened dangerous (spyware) website?

second question, i received some recommendation that it's not advisable to run two firewall software in my laptop because theres 99% probability of conflict....how about two spyware software (i.e. PC-cillin and SAS Pro) running in my laptop, is there a problem that might result in conflit. Conflict = but not limited to: slow computer, slow internet, driver crashes leading to BSODs, other unexplainable issues, and so on, so forth.

third question, i try to run SAS Pro scan and PC-cillin scan...both of them catch 8 suspected spyware. but initially i have 109spyware catched by SAS Pro compare to 38spyware scanned by PC-cillin.... is it better to give responsibility of spyware scanning to my SAS pro and let my PC-cillin handle the virus scanning.

fourth question, is there anyway i can increase the automatic checking of new update for example every 30minutes or 1hour automatic checking instead of 8 hours which is toooo long for me in checking the update? because my experience is, my friend installed free SAS and i have SAS Pro but when we check the update his SAS (free) is more updated compare to my SAS Pro....anyway i can do manual update but i want to change the automatic update time to 30minutes or 1hour just to keep my SAS Pro more updated. i run my computer almost 15hours a day so 30minutes or 1hour checking of latest update is more advisable.

thanks and appreciate your answer.

SUPERAntiSpyware does not act as a firewall, and won't warn of "bad" sites - we may add that in the future (the warning, not the firewall).

As far as running the two together - try it - if it works well, then you are fine - if you have problems, then obviously you should not do that - we have no known issues with other anti-virus or anti-spyware software.

It really doesn't matter which scan you run first - if SAS finds more, run it first.

Currently you cannot adjust the 8 hour interval - we do that as not to flood our servers with update requests.

thanks for the reply.

my only concern is updating....

i bought SAS Pro for automatic updating and real time protection.

i selected "Automatic check for programs and definition update every 8 hours" and "Check for program updates when the application starts" but still when i check the definitions update at main menu compare to SAS website, mines is still not up-to-date.

my laptop is on for more than 8hours but still it did not do automatic updating. maybe theres something wrong with my setup.

i'm doing now manual updating eventhough i have the SAS Pro.

any comment?

thanks in advance.

thanks for the reply.

i selected "Automatic check for programs and definition update every 8 hours" and "Check for program updates when the application starts" but still when i check the definitions update at main menu compare to SAS website, mines is still not up-to-date.

my laptop is on for more than 8hours but still it did not do automatic updating. maybe theres something wrong with my setup.

any comment?

thanks in advance.

That means your firewall is blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from accessing the Internet.

thanks for the reply.

any comment?

thanks in advance.

That means your firewall is blocking SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE from accessing the Internet.

everytime my firewall blocked any software accessing the internet theres always pop-up asking my permission.....i think thats not the problem.

i'll try to observe more.

its already more than 8hours and my firewall it turn-off....still my SAS pro is not updating automatic.

i still have the 5/15/07 at 8:10pm. core: 3239 trace: 1250

its already 5/17 1:42pm ET.....

its already more than 8hours and my firewall it turn-off....still my SAS pro is not updating automatic.

Those are the latest versions, so it is updating:

https://www.superantispyware.com/definitions.html

i checked my other laptop and its showing new update 5/17/07 at 3:06pm (SAS free by doing manual update)....my other laptop which is SAS pro still 5/15, i'll wait what time it will do automatic update.

i checked my other laptop and its showing new update 5/17/07 at 3:06pm (SAS free by doing manual update)....my other laptop which is SAS pro still 5/15, i'll wait what time it will do automatic update.

We did an update mid-day today - so the Pro one should update when it checks this evening.

update:

still no automatic update after 8hrs....theres latest update at SAS website but my SAS Pro did not do automatic update after 8hours.

when i try to change the Preferences (Scan during start up and check before scanning) it update at the start up with Firewall ON.

what do you think is the problem?

thanks

We did an update mid-day today - so the Pro one should update when it checks this evening.

it did not update...see my previous post.

It has not been 8 hours since we posted the update - it is impossible to tell when your copy of the Pro will do the update - let it sit overnight.

It has not been 8 hours since we posted the update - it is impossible to tell when your copy of the Pro will do the update - let it sit overnight.

you mean turn ON my computer the whole night, to check the 8hours automatic update? do you think the firewall still the problem after i do the automatic update before scanning at startup?

i already have the latest update 5/17 @ 7:48pm....when will my SAS pro will do automatic update 5/18 @ 3:48am?

sorry just curious how SAS pro do the automatic update.

you mean turn ON my computer the whole night, to check the 8hours automatic update? do you think the firewall still the problem after i do the automatic update before scanning at startup?

i already have the latest update 5/17 @ 7:48pm....when will my SAS pro will do automatic update 5/18 @ 3:48am?

You don't have to leave it running, you can turn it off and start it tomorrow and it should update. It will update 8 hours after it last checked, there is no way in the program right now to know when it last checked.

You don't have to leave it running, you can turn it off and start it tomorrow and it should update. It will update 8 hours after it last checked, there is no way in the program right now to know when it last checked.

from the day i got the SAS Pro a week ago....it did not do automatic update. i have to do it manually thats why i'm asking.

anyway i'll update you tomorrow if still theres a problem with my automatic update.

from the day i got the SAS Pro a week ago....it did not do automatic update. i have to do it manually thats why i'm asking.

anyway i'll update you tomorrow if still theres a problem with my automatic update.

If there is still a problem, something on your system is blocking the update.

If there is still a problem, something on your system is blocking the update.

so why when i activate "start up scanning" and "check update before scanning", SAS Pro do automatic update without any problem and proceed the scanning during start up.

so why when i activate "start up scanning" and "check update before scanning", SAS Pro do automatic update without any problem and proceed the scanning during start up.

It forces an update check those are different systems.

It forces an update check those are different systems.

ok.

i'll let you know tomorrow if my automatic update works.

btw, why just change the program to check update during start up of computer? same with other antivirus software, every time start up of computer they check update automatically.

.02cent

its 5/18 today 8:23pm.

theres update available but my SAS Pro still 5/17.....

everytime i start my PC theres always pop-up asking if i want to run SAS Application. i choose OK, but SAS Pro did'nt run automatic update.

any advise?

i got the definition update only today 5/19 6:51am ....

Something on your system must be blocking our updater at certain times, I am not sure why only you are having this issue.

i got the definition update only today 5/19 6:51am ....

Something on your system must be blocking our updater at certain times, I am not sure why only you are having this issue.

yeah maybe.

btw, i always get pop-up asking permission to run SAS pro application update and SAblocker.

i understand "SAS pro application update" is getting update from your server thats why every start up of my computer it keeps on running the program, how about SA blocker why it keep running and asking permission to run that program? Correct me if im wrong.... SA Blocker is not a free software right? does it mean that SA Blcoker getting automatic update also?

thanks.