angus49

No email notifications

Nick,

I am not receiving email notification when someone replies to my posts. I just checked my profile and it's set to do so. Any ideas?

Ed

I have again checked all of the settings in my profile, being sure that receiving emails is checked. I still am not receiving emails about my posts or replies. The only thing in the bottom left corner says "Stop watching this topic". I also have "Notify me when a reply is posted" checked here in my compose box. Any help from the forum administrators? Thanks.

Ed

:idea: Possibly it might be that your ISP is filtering emails for reported *Spam* sender.

The reason i say that is because as an AOL user there are certain forums/websites that are legitimate(& certainly not spammers and/or spamming)whose emails are filtered out so i do not receive them.

Report SPAM function in the interface although a *good* thing can both be misused or mistakenly used(Right next to *delete* ) and websites get blackholed for mails after that :cry:

That said i have no probs with emails from this forum/SAS but do not receive email notifications from SpyWareWarrior forum or any mailings from a2(Emisoft) :?

:idea: Possibly it might be that your ISP is filtering emails for reported *Spam* sender.

The reason i say that is because as an AOL user there are certain forums/websites that are legitimate(& certainly not spammers and/or spamming)whose emails are filtered out so i do not receive them.

Report SPAM function in the interface although a *good* thing can both be misused or mistakenly used(Right next to *delete* ) and websites get blackholed for mails after that :cry:

That said i have no probs with emails from this forum/SAS but do not receive email notifications from SpyWareWarrior forum or any mailings from a2(Emisoft) :?

Thanks, but I can't imaging my ISP is blocking this. I use Thunderbird for email instead of the webmail at RR so I haven't clicked anything there as spam. Thunderbird only filters after learning from me manually that I marked a mail as spam, and since I haven't received any email replies from this site this couldn't have happened through TB. I suppose I'll have to contact RR support to see if SAS forum has been blacklisted for some reason. Thanks again.

Ed

Man is there egg on my face. I just rechecked my profile and I had one letter wrong in my email address. That's what happens when you rely so much on spell check. Sorry guys, but thanks for all the help.

Ed