vaioman

Am I over protected?

i have pccillin internet security 2007 + SAS.

just want to ask if SAS is good partner to PCcillin internet security?

or do i need just to buy Pccillin anti virus instead of Pccillin internet security to team up with SAS?

i dont know if i'm good with SAS only, because it slowing up my laptop when i add pccillin.

thanks in advance!

Trend Micro PP-Cillin Security Suite has anti-virus as part of the suite. Don't try to run 2 av programs at the same time. As for your question about SAS; in my opinion, if your laptop has a decent processor and enough ram then SAS is a great program offering multi-layered protection. I never believe in relying on a single suite of security software (MHO) to protect my systems. On my systems SAS takes about 41Mb of ram when active protection is enabled. If you have the memory to spare you can't go wrong.

Ed

thanks for the reply angus.

im using now pccillin internet security + SAS Pro.

i dont know if i still need the windows defender or just leave it there also.

i just ask that question because i thought that i'm overprotected and i might waste a lot of speed if i run this two monster + a kittie (windows defender)

i have 2gb ram with centrino duo.

i just ask that question because i thought that i'm overprotected and i might waste a lot of speed if i run this two monster + a kittie (windows defender)

Do you notice any slowdowns on your system? That is the real test - if you don't notice any slowdowns or other side effects, you should be fine.

Do you notice any slowdowns on your system? That is the real test - if you don't notice any slowdowns or other side effects, you should be fine.

i don't notice any slowdown.

is it better to change my PCcillin internet security to PCcillin Anti virus only....and let SAS Pro take care the spayware, etc.

appreciate your idea. thanks!

You certainly aren't overprotected and may be underprotected depending on your surfing habits.

PC Cillin = Mediocre

You'd be better with a suite like KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security), Norton Internet Security 2007, or the Avira Suite.

SAS is a great compliment to almost any security suite. It generally doesn't conflict with other programs and makes a nice addition to layer your security and to ass some extra peace of mind.

You certainly aren't overprotected and may be underprotected depending on your surfing habits.

PC Cillin = Mediocre

You'd be better with a suite like KIS (Kaspersky Internet Security), Norton Internet Security 2007, or the Avira Suite.

SAS is a great compliment to almost any security suite. It generally doesn't conflict with other programs and makes a nice addition to layer your security and to ass some extra peace of mind.

actually i tried KIS....but i got a lot of bug and corrupted program. I'm a big fan of KIS but i need to drop them due to that problem.

anyway i'm satisfied with PCcillin, specially right now i have SAS Pro.

i know KIS is very good but Pccillin is only behind just couple of hours in identifying new viruses. :D

vaioman,

Don't disable any of your PC-Cillin program, especially the firewall. SAS is not a firewall. You should have more than enough RAM with no more than you are running in real-time. Surf carefully and enjoy SAS.

Ed

vaioman,

Don't disable any of your PC-Cillin program, especially the firewall. SAS is not a firewall. You should have more than enough RAM with no more than you are running in real-time. Surf carefully and enjoy SAS.

Ed

yup. i dont disable the firewall.

i'm planning to put pccillin 2007 + SAS + Comodo firewall.

dont know if comodo will messed up with pccilin and SAS installed. im still reviewing comodo firewall.

any info guys?

vaioman,

Ed

yup. i dont disable the firewall.

i'm planning to put pccillin 2007 + SAS + Comodo firewall.

dont know if comodo will messed up with pccilin and SAS installed. im still reviewing comodo firewall.

any info guys?

I don't know of any "known" issues - if you have problems, please let us know.

thanks for the reply SuperAntiSpy.

anyway i'm good to go with pccillin internet security 2007 and SAS Pro (just in case pccillin missed some spyware). according to some user of comodo firewall its not advisable to run two firewall.