mtnman

do i need ms sec.essentials

i have sas pro ,also i have ms sec essentials they are ok together most of the time,,it seems the ms sec..does not do anything ,,do i realy need it????????

i have sas pro ,also i have ms sec essentials they are ok together most of the time,,it seems the ms sec..does not do anything ,,do i realy need it????????

SUPERAntiSpyware is designed to work with other security applications,we recommend using multiple security applications for the best protection. Strictly speaking, SUPERAntiSpyware is not an anti-virus program, so it's best to use it in conjunction with one as you are now. You can read more about it here.

Superantispyware is an antispyware program

MSE is an antivirus program with a small malware program built into it

You should be running an antivirus program to protect you from viruses which superantispyware doesn't do that because it is not an antivirus program

They play very nice together in real time providing you set both scans seperate from each other and also on different days and times.

robin

MSE is an anti-malware program that protects your computer against viruses in addition to protecting you against Spyware which is what SAS is basically designed to do. They work okay together.

However, Windows Defender for Windows 8 will come with Windows 8. WD for W8 is a full fledged anti-malware program just like MSE is. I have been told by Microsoft people that WD in W8-DP and MSE which also runs in W8-DP use the same anti-malware definitions. I have moved on to W8-DP (alpha) and only use W7 occasionally for some programs that are not yet compatible for Windows 8 that I use like Turbo Tax and some P2P software. There may be workouts.

In any case WD in W8-DP so far appears to be doing a very good job as an anti-malware program and is compatible with SAS. Though I have found one apparent problem in running SAS Pro on W8-DP x64. SAScore64.exe does not appear to unpack when SAS is installed and therefore I can not right click on a file in Windows Explorer and bring up the SAS file scan option.

I have MSE and SASW Free edition. It is hard to say about MSE, sometimes it blocks and cleans a virus attack and sometimes it does not. I keep it up to date but that happens I guess. The last virus I got a few days ago totally disabled MSE and SASW, even when I restarted in SAFE Mode. In the past I was able to usa SASW on a memory stick to clean infections while in SAFE Mode but not this time.

I had to have Norton fix it for a fee (99$), but it was a big job just to hook up with them on remote access since the virus disabled connections to the Internet.

The Program that the virus was pushing me to buy was WIN 7 Microsoft Security 2012.