angus49

PLEASE help with uninstall

I posted this in another section but have had no replies for days and am at a loss as to what to do. I am pasting in my other post information here. Please help! :(

I tried the uninstall through add/remove programs as SAS does not seem to have it's own uninstall utility. I also loaded the Window uninstall clean-up utility. SAS was not listed there.

After uninstall the SAS folder was still listed in Program Files with 2 entries in the folder. DETECT.WAV and SASCTXMN.DLL. I was unable to uninstall either of these files. Is there another more proper way to do a full uninstall? And should the registry be cleaned and then do a system re-start?

I re-started my system and then I re-installed SAS Pro 3.7 and am still having the CPU usage problem of 70-90% constant usage when real time protection is enabled. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, as without all of the real time protections SAS is just another scanner to me. Thanks,

Ed

1) If you open task manager what processes are using 70-90%?

2) Have you tried to delete the files thru Safe Mode? You can also use a program called Killbox or Unlocker to delete them. Go to majorgeeks.com to get the tools.

3) What other real-time anti-malware tools do you have installed?

4) Have you tried SAS 3.6?

I posted this in another section but have had no replies for days and am at a loss as to what to do. I am pasting in my other post information here. Please help! :(

I tried the uninstall through add/remove programs as SAS does not seem to have it's own uninstall utility. I also loaded the Window uninstall clean-up utility. SAS was not listed there.

After uninstall the SAS folder was still listed in Program Files with 2 entries in the folder. DETECT.WAV and SASCTXMN.DLL. I was unable to uninstall either of these files. Is there another more proper way to do a full uninstall? And should the registry be cleaned and then do a system re-start?

I re-started my system and then I re-installed SAS Pro 3.7 and am still having the CPU usage problem of 70-90% constant usage when real time protection is enabled. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, as without all of the real time protections SAS is just another scanner to me. Thanks,

Ed

For the uninstallation issue : Re-install and then immediately uninstall - we have a built in uninstaller in the Control Panel Add/Remove Programs as any Windows product should. Some other "cleaner" programs seem to erase those from the Uninstall registry.

As far as the real-time issue, what other security products are you running?

I am running TM PC-Cillin Security Suite and Link Scanner Pro as the only other programs with any real-time coverage.

The process that runs up the CPU usage is SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE.

I am running TM PC-Cillin Security Suite and Link Scanner Pro as the only other programs with any real-time coverage.

The process that runs up the CPU usage is SUPERANTISPYWARE.EXE.

If you ( as a test ) turn off the other real-time scanners, does our process still use the CPU?

Yes if I turn off SAS realtime scanning my CPU usage returns to normal and my ram usage decreases as well. Previous versions of SAS worked fine with my other realtime programs.

I tried the uninstall and then immediate re-install, then definition updates. With real time protection enabled my CPU usage is still constantly jumping from 36-86%. Once turned off it returns to 0%. As I said, I never had any conflicts with my existing programs until the 3.7 upgrade.

I tried the uninstall and then immediate re-install, then definition updates. With real time protection enabled my CPU usage is still constantly jumping from 36-86%. Once turned off it returns to 0%. As I said, I never had any conflicts with my existing programs until the 3.7 upgrade.

Nothing in the real-time has changed in 3.7. Did you try turning off the other security products as a test to see if maybe one of their updates is actually conflicting with our real-time?

I disabled all other real time protection and it had no affect at all.

Pandato,

I exited all other security software, checked task manager and SAS is still taking up to 80% constant CPU load with active protection enabled.

I have a copy of my original 3.2 version but not a 3.6. I guess I can uninstall 3.7, reload 3.2 and see what happens. Although updates will want to update to 3.7 again.

I'm at a loss here.

Ed

Pandato,

I exited all other security software, checked task manager and SAS is still taking up to 80% constant CPU load with active protection enabled.

I have a copy of my original 3.2 version but not a 3.6. I guess I can uninstall 3.7, reload 3.2 and see what happens.

One of the security applications is still active even though you exited, we have seen this before.

Have you been getting any other input about problems with TM PC-Cillin?

Since TM is my firewall, AV, etc., I can't just do without it.

Is it possible to get a copy of 3.6 through the website or forum so that I can see if I have the same issues as I'm having with 3.7? Since this issue is on my wife's system, you can imagine the pressure I'm getting to get this fixed!

Is it possible to get a copy of 3.6 through the website or forum so that I can see if I have the same issues as I'm having with 3.7? Since this issue is on my wife's system, you can imagine the pressure I'm getting to get this fixed!

3.6 and 3.7 are identical as far as the real-time, there were no changes to that system.

Well, I guess for now then, my only option is to re-install my old 3.2 version. Will I still get definition updates without being upgraded to 3.7?

Well, I guess for now then, my only option is to re-install my old 3.2 version. Will I still get definition updates without being upgraded to 3.7?

The definitions will be updated, but you won't get the new definitions that only work with the 3.7 engine.

I am running version 4.15 and have the same problem.

CPU use with real-time scan off sits at 4% usage.

When its turned on its at 54%.

Thus SAS Rael-time is using 50%.

No program should be using 50% of CPU usage when in idle.

If this is not fixed. SAS will be removed and not recomended.

I am running version 4.15 and have the same problem.

CPU use with real-time scan off sits at 4% usage.

When its turned on its at 54%.

Thus SAS Rael-time is using 50%.

No program should be using 50% of CPU usage when in idle.

If this is not fixed. SAS will be removed and not recomended.

Please submit a support request here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

SUPERAntiSpyware can't use any CPU with real-time off - what other security software are you running?