SAS-fan

Registry protection

How about adding protection to monitor the registry and block:

Registry Creation

Registry Modification

Registry Reading

Similar to what the free (or paid) version of Regdefend does (regdefend is a product of Ghost Security).

I could always add regdefend to my aresenal of programs. However, I am trying to limit the number of security applications I am running.

How about adding protection to monitor the registry and block:

Registry Creation

Registry Modification

Registry Reading

Similar to what the free (or paid) version of Regdefend does (regdefend is a product of Ghost Security).

I could always add regdefend to my aresenal of programs. However, I am trying to limit the number of security applications I am running.

We may have a separate HIPS/Behavioral blocking product as we don't want to "bog down" or "bloat" SUPERAntiSpyware.

Are you thinking about a HIPS that monitors all attack vectos as well as all acts as a firewall for exe files. Or possibly something more simple?

Are you thinking about a HIPS that monitors all attack vectos as well as all acts as a firewall for exe files. Or possibly something more simple?

Can't really reveal too much now :)

Here is a thought, and this is just from someone that is hoping not to purchase yet another security program :)

You could always try make the HIPS a component of the SAS active protections that can be turned on or off. Much like the protection offered by Spyware Terminator by Crawler.

This could keep SAS lean and mean for those that don't want to activate the HIPS, but also provide the loyal users of SAS Pro more protection without having to buy another application.

Just a thought...

I am a fan of adjustable heuristics (HIPS or actual malware detection heuristics) as well .

Its nice to be able to turn it up when you are about to do try out a new site or turn it down when you are making your update rounds .

Here is a thought, and this is just from someone that is hoping not to purchase yet another security program :)

You could always try make the HIPS a component of the SAS active protections that can be turned on or off. Much like the protection offered by Spyware Terminator by Crawler.

This could keep SAS lean and mean for those that don't want to activate the HIPS, but also provide the loyal users of SAS Pro more protection without having to buy another application.

Just a thought...

I appreciate your suggestion, we may make it an "add-on" module so users can chose to have it or not, we'll see what the future holds :)