playersclub

Completely deleting SPYLOCKED

Hello everyone,

I just installed SAS in an attempt to get rid of a nasty spyware virus called SPYLOCKED. SAS seems to have gotten rid of most of this virus however, there seems to be one part of it that stayed on my taskbar. It looks like something thats "supposed" to be there. It looks like that blue circle with a question mark in it.

At any rate... this taskbar virus has disabled my use of Windows Defender. And when I try to open Windows Defender I get a message that says "Application failed to initialize: Ox800106ba. a problem caused Windows Defender Service to stop. To start the service, restart your PC or search Help and Support on how to start a service manually."

I`m not sure where Help and Support is supposed to be? But I still get the same message even after I reboot my PC.

I`m also getting a small pop-up advertisement above the spylocked icon in my taskbar. This pop-up causes my PC to crash to desktop when i`m playing games or using other types of software.

I did a full scan with SAS and its not getting rid of this. My question is, how do I take care of this problem? Can SAS get rid of this or what?

My OS is windows XP.

Hi playersclub and welcome to the SAS support forums :)

It would appear that you have a new variant of the *fake alert* bot by Spylocked if SAS is not removing it.There are 2 ways you can proceed to get a fix up together for your copy of this malware as such.

Would you like me to assist you in a manual fix or you can get an automated fix c/o SAS software by using their inhouse tool here>>>

https://www.superantispyware.com/diagnos ... l?id=nicks

This will allow SAS HQ to recover the new variant and allow it to be added to definitions update for targeting at a later defintions update.

**If you use the SAS tool make sure you leave a link to this topic in the description part so they have a reference point :wink:

Please run the diagnostic link above and we will promptly assist - you may have a new variant.

Hi playersclub and welcome to the SAS support forums

Thanks...

Would you like me to assist you in a manual fix

You might need to assist me with a manual fix. The pop-up i`m getting from spylocked is causing the diagnostic to lockup.

Hi playersclub and welcome to the SAS support forums

Thanks...

Would you like me to assist you in a manual fix

You might need to assist me with a manual fix. The pop-up i`m getting from spylocked is causing the diagnostic to lockup.

Did you let the diagnostic just run for 5-10 minutes?

Did you let the diagnostic just run for 5-10 minutes?

I tried it 2 times and let it run for 20 mins each time and it locked up on both attempts.

Does the diagnos scan your PC harddrive? If it does it might take a long time because I have a lot of files on my HD.

Did you guys give up on me?

Nope but when Nick is dealing with something i take a step back.

Glad you got it sorted thou :)

Did you guys give up on me?

No one gave up on you , we deal with thousands of requests and process them in order.

Nevermind. I fixed it. I finally found something that removed it.

Could be interesting to know what 'moved' it?

i got rid of the taskbar warning after the third run of SAS. then removed the desktop icon. there is still an uninstall program in control panel list. i hear that it is a fake uninstall. afraid it may reinstall! what should i do with it? can i run ir or delete?

i got rid of the taskbar warning after the third run of SAS. then removed the desktop icon. there is still an uninstall program in control panel list. i hear that it is a fake uninstall. afraid it may reinstall! what should i do with it? can i run ir or delete?

I'm not 100% on what to do in that situation. I got SpyLocked off a friends PC with SAS but I did the uninstall first, (but of course it doesn't uninstall the thing, it just reappears everytime you reboot), deleted the associated program files, rebooted into safemode and ran SAS, and then did a general 'house clean' on the PC.

Hopefully someone with a more expert knowledge of this will come along and advise you what to do.

thanks. i now have the flashing spylocked warning back again. SAS removed it once after the third run, but after the very next reboot it was back. i have run SAS a fw more times and it says i am clean. other antispyware says so too, but the icon keeps flashing.

thanks. i now have the flashing spylocked warning back again. SAS removed it once after the third run, but after the very next reboot it was back. i have run SAS a fw more times and it says i am clean. other antispyware says so too, but the icon keeps flashing.

Please submit a support ticket here:

https://www.superantispyware.com/support.html

sas did it. they did a diagnostic, updated the scanner, and found many more variants and deleted them. thanks! sas really works.

sas did it. they did a diagnostic, updated the scanner, and found many more variants and deleted them. thanks! sas really works.

Nice one. :D

My encounter with it was about a month ago and I got lucky first time around. New variants of Spylocked do appear to be quite 'rampant'. SAS will get it in the end!