MeanE

BUG: Superantispyware hates Starcraft

Having superantispyware pro (did not test free) installed and inserting a starcraft or broodwar (what I tested more with), causes superantispyware to pretty much crap out. I found out it was superantispyware causing the problems when wondering why the Broodwar CD would not autoplay. Ejecting it would give a superantispyware no CD error (wierd?). Checked the task manager and it was using half a gig of Memory and VM (acording to task manager). Inserting and ejecting the CD caused it to jump up to 1.2 gigs each of usage. Screenshots of all if needed.

Tested it on my macbook using a XP VM image, same deal. I actually left it running for 5 mins and eventually XP ran out of VM memory.

Only thing to do is to kill the superantispyware process.

Old game, but it destroys superantispyware.

I'm probaly off the beaten track but was that not the game that came complete with buggy rootkit as part of its install ?

This might explain the system conflict/issue's.

Starcraft? A blizzard game from 1998?

First I ever heard.

Even if it were true it would still not be great if it causes superantispyware to self destruct.

Starcraft? A blizzard game from 1998?

First I ever heard.

It was *star* something or ever(Possibly force come to think about it),i might be mistaken but i will hunt through the archives of google when i get time to track it down.I know it was just before the Sony BGM DRM screw-up so it was around a year ago,so possibly not your game afterall:oops: