ch43racing

Recent update caused major problems for me

I updated based on the auto update feature. As soon as I did, my machine took FOREVER to shutdown and start up.

I have been dealing with this issue for a few days. I also did a few other updates, so I was not sure what was causing it.

I reimaged and as soon as I updated sas the problems began. I uninstalled the program and everything is back to normal.

I don't know what the program is doing, but I was receiving messages in the event viewer that the registry was trying to close while programs were still using it.

I updated based on the auto update feature. As soon as I did, my machine took FOREVER to shutdown and start up.

I have been dealing with this issue for a few days. I also did a few other updates, so I was not sure what was causing it.

I reimaged and as soon as I updated sas the problems began. I uninstalled the program and everything is back to normal.

I don't know what the program is doing, but I was receiving messages in the event viewer that the registry was trying to close while programs were still using it.

The First Chance Protection can take the time to scan - it even states that on the real-time tab under First Chance Prevention If you don't want startup/shutdown scanning, you can turn it off.

What is "forever"?

The First Chance Protection can take the time to scan - it even states that on the real-time tab under First Chance Prevention If you don't want startup/shutdown scanning, you can turn it off.

What is "forever"?

I must have missed the whole "First Chance Protection". I just d/l and installed the update. My startup was probably 2-3 minutes after I was into the desktop. Shutdown would close all but the background picture and sit there for about 2-3 minutes.

I checked my event logs and was constantly getting:

Event ID 1517

USERENV

Windows saved the registry while an app or service was still using the registry during log off.

Once I uninstalled SAS Pro I no longer was receiving that in my event log.

What is "forever"?

I must have missed the whole "First Chance Protection". I just d/l and installed the update. My startup was probably 2-3 minutes after I was into the desktop. Shutdown would close all but the background picture and sit there for about 2-3 minutes.

I checked my event logs and was constantly getting:

Event ID 1517

USERENV

Windows saved the registry while an app or service was still using the registry during log off.

Once I uninstalled SAS Pro I no longer was receiving that in my event log.

Have you tried a re-install? Something could have become corrupted in the update.

I am having a similar problem. I have first chance activated and don't mind start up and shut down delays. Since the 3.7.1018 update however, my CPU usage is running from 80-100% constantly(superantispyware.exe process) with real-time protection enabled. As soon as I disable it my CPU usage goes back down to normal. Before the newest update everything was working fine with my other security software. Any ideas as to the cause? Thanks,

Ed

Trend Micro Security Suite & LinkScanner Pro

I am having a similar problem. I have first chance activated and don't mind start up and shut down delays. Since the 3.7.1018 update however, my CPU usage is running from 80-100% constantly(superantispyware.exe process) with real-time protection enabled. As soon as I disable it my CPU usage goes back down to normal. Before the newest update everything was working fine with my other security software. Any ideas as to the cause? Thanks,

Ed

Trend Micro Security Suite & LinkScanner Pro

Have you tried a re-install?

Thanks for the reply and sorry I haven't responded before now, but I didn't get an email notification of your response.

No I haven't tried a re-install. I just downloaded the full 3.7 version and will give it a try. Will let you know if it works. Thanks again,

Ed

I tried the uninstall through add/remove programs as SAS does not seem to have it's own uninstall utility. I also loaded the Window uninstall clean-up utility. SAS was not listed there.

After uninstall the SAS folder was still listed in Program Files with 2 entries in the folder. DETECT.WAV and SASCTXMN.DLL. I was unable to uninstall either of these files. Is there another more proper way to do a full uninstall? And should the registry be cleaned and then do a system re-start?

I re-started my system and then I re-installed SAS Pro 3.7 and am still having the CPU usage problem of 70-90% constant usage when real time protection is enabled. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated, as without all of the real time protections SAS is just another scanner to me. Thanks,

Ed