Sign in to follow this  
Mcd73165

High CPU Usage Intermittently

Occasionally when I check the Task Manager I'll see CPU Usage as high as 23% and it's being caused by SuperAntiSpyware Pro Real Time Protection. If I disable the Real Time Protection, the CPU Usage drops back down to it's normal level (usually between 0% and 3%). To correct this problem I can either exit the SuperAntiSpyware program and then restart it or reboot the computer. The version I have is 5.0.1136. I can't say how long this has been happening. Maybe it has always happened and I just recently noticed it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance for any replies to this issue.

Occasionally when I check the Task Manager I'll see CPU Usage as high as 23% and it's being caused by SuperAntiSpyware Pro Real Time Protection. If I disable the Real Time Protection, the CPU Usage drops back down to it's normal level (usually between 0% and 3%). To correct this problem I can either exit the SuperAntiSpyware program and then restart it or reboot the computer. The version I have is 5.0.1136. I can't say how long this has been happening. Maybe it has always happened and I just recently noticed it. Any idea's? Thanks in advance for any replies to this issue.

Hello MCD! when this high CPU usage occurs is it usually when you first log into your windows user account? or is it at different times after logged in? I ask because SaS also does the same for me, but only when it is updating, or if I have the "scan on startup" hope this helps!

Hello MCD! when this high CPU usage occurs is it usually when you first log into your windows user account? or is it at different times after logged in? I ask because SaS also does the same for me, but only when it is updating, or if I have the "scan on startup" hope this helps!

Hi, ezekial52787 and thanks for your reply. The problem happens at different times, not when I initially log on. It does not appear to be related to updating and I don't have it set to "scan on startup". If I can more accurately pinpoint when the problem occurs or related circumstances I'll post this information. As it now stands the problem is widely intermittent. I don't know if this has been going on for some time or just after some recent version updates. If it keeps happening I may try a full uninstall and then reinstall the program.

I guess that nobody has any idea's or has encountered this issue (other than ezekial52787). What I may do is uninstall and reinstall the program to see if that alleviates the problem. If I do this, I'll post weather or not the problem still occurs.