Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SAS-fan

Do scans take longer with v3.7?

My normal full system scan times were running in the 34-35 minute range. After the update to v3.7, that has goen to 39 minutes. No other system changes were made.

Has anyone else noticed that?

It's not a big deal as I schedule the scan to take place while I am sleeping. Just wondering if this is normal?

My normal full system scan times were running in the 34-35 minute range. After the update to v3.7, that has goen to 39 minutes. No other system changes were made.

Has anyone else noticed that?

It's not a big deal as I schedule the scan to take place while I am sleeping. Just wondering if this is normal?

That may be due to improvements in the scanning technology and the ever increasing size of our databases for spyware defintions - it could also be the "state" your system is in, meaning other applications running, disk access, etc. - you are seeing less than a 10% increase, which is in the margin of "error" when timing scanning.

my scan with the new 3.7.1018 version ran about a minute slower than "normal". Thats with no other apps running.

I figured that improvements in the software might make it take a bit more time to run, which is not problem for me.